I Give It Two Weeks

Rey started the list by going through all of the names that Ben had written out, calling them using his address book, and making appointments on his calendar for him. She found herself to be extremely distracted by him on the other side of the wall of glass windows and would occasionally look over her shoulder, but much to her disappointment, he was never looking at her. 'What the hell is he thinking and why didn't either of us mentions yesterday?'

When she returns from lunch with his Panera order, she opens his door quietly, being sure not to make any noise since he is on the phone and kicked back in his chair with. With his legs stretched out in his reclined position, Rey notices just how long his legs actually are. "Yes, sir. Yes, that's correct." He pauses while the other person talks and he takes the box holding the sandwich from her wordlessly, setting it next to him on the desk. "No, we will be coming in two weekends, not this weekend." He snaps and sits forward in his chair to open the food box with the phone pinned between his ear and his shoulder.

Rey takes the lack of acknowledgment as her sign that she shouldn't hang around and makes her way back out of the office, slowly closing the door behind her to not make any noise, glancing at him one more time. His hair is disheveled and his face is scrunched up in annoyance and she tries to ignore the disappointment from the fact that he didn't say anything or even look at her.

She turns around to her desk and immediately runs into someone. 'This is becoming an unfortunately common thing,' she thinks as she readjusts her dress. Stepping back, she looks up and is met by a pointed face redhead she can only assume was the Editor by the name of Hux that Finn had warned her about.

"And you are?" He asks in a thick English accent, clearly unamused.

"Uh I'm Rey," she reaches her unsteady hand out for him to shake but he just looks at it, unmoving. "Rey Palpatine, I'm Ben's, I mean, Mr. Solo's new PA."

"Charming," he mumbles while sizing her up. "I give it two weeks."

"I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean."

"Solo is unbearable to work for, I give it two weeks before you're running for the hills like the rest of them," he unlocks his phone, seemingly bored by this conversation. "Anyways, is he busy, I have a matter to discuss with him."

"Actually yes, he is," Rey picks up her tablet from her desk and looks at Ben's calendar. "From his schedule, it looks as though he is on the phone with a client about an upcoming book release in Illinois. After this he has a ten-minute opening, would you like me to schedule you in there?"

Hux scrunches his face up and looks through the window at Ben. "No need, I'll email him," he snaps and walks away.

"Uh, you're welcome?" Rey mutters under her breath, quietly enough that he won't hear her.

"I see you met Hux," Finn grins over his computer at her. "Trust me, he's harmless. Definitely more tolerable than Solo. Hux will at least use words and make eye contact."

"You know everyone keeps saying that Mr.Solo is so awful, but I haven't gotten that vibe from him much."

"Probably beginners luck," he shrugs. "Don't get used to it."

"I'm headed out to run some errands, I'll catch you later," Rey says as she shrugs her peacoat back on.

"Oh hey, a few of us are going to grab a few drinks tonight. I'd love it if you would come with." Finn smiles at her sweetly and she feels warmed by the offer.

"Thanks for the invite, I'll definitely try to make it," Rey accepts and walks to Ben's office. She walks in quietly again even though he is off the phone and she stands in front of his desk.