Jealousy

Rey stares at the ceiling above her bed as she slowly wakes up, thinking about the morning previous and waking up in Ben's guest room. Oh, how she wished she would have just taken a moment to enjoy that comfortable bed before panicking and trying to escape.

Her phone sits face down on the bedside table where she left it and she rolls to grab it, taking the blankets with her to shield herself from the cold room. Butterflies kick up in her stomach again as she sees Ben's name and she anxiously unlocks it.

Ben: I'm going to have to do something about that mouth of yours if you keep it up

Rey's mouth falls open completely as she reads his words. Never in a million years, did she think she would receive a text like that from a coworker, especially not from her boss. Locking the phone again, she stares back up at the ceiling, still unable to formulate her thoughts or feelings about it.  Ben scared her a little with how intense he always was but at the same time, she was drawn to it.

--

Rey had never responded last night after he sent that playful yet risky text, and it had eaten him alive. This was the third night in a row that Ben had barely slept because of this temptress in his life and he was certain she wasn't fully aware of just how much she affected him. He had instructed her 7:30 am, so he had called his driver making sure they left early enough to get there by 7:20 just to prove his point.

His heart rate picks up as the car pulls onto her street and her apartment comes into view. She has ten minutes, so this was really the test to see if she would be early or not. The car comes to a stop and Ben leans forward to look at the door to find Rey already coming down the stairs, wearing another pair of distracting heels, and more black pantyhose that stick out from under her dresscoat. At this rate, he was tempted to make her wear a potato sack every day just so he could think in peace.

"Good morning Ms.Palpatine," the driver greats her as he holds the door for her and she gets in. Ben reaches up to fix his tie as he watches her nearly bare leg flex as she gets in next to him, wafting her perfume across the seat and slapping him across the face with the scent.

"Good morning Sir," Rey says to Ben without looking at him.

"Good morning," he responds.

"I didn't know you would be accompanying me to the appointment, you made it sound as if you were meeting me there."

"Sorry to," Ben pauses to fight a smirk, "inconvenience you."

"Not an inconvenience."

"Oh?"

"Nope," she says with a slightly higher-pitched tone than before and she adjusts her coat sleeves.

"Noted."

--

"Ben, good to see you again so soon," Billie, the reporter from yesterday says as they walk into the office.

"Billie, always a pleasure," Ben says curtly as they shake hands and he kisses her cheek again.

"So we'll get you into wardrobe for photos right now. The photographer is running a smidge behind but we're hoping he will be here shortly." She rambles as they walk towards the elevator.

"Mr.Solo," Rey says to draw his attention back to her briefly. "Would you like me to go run for coffee now?"

"Yes, Rey thank you." He responds, looking down at her, able to see her Burberry skirt that ends mid-thigh and white blouse sticking out from inside her coat that she has unbuttoned.

"Oh, while you're going, can you get me skinny soy latte?" Billie asks Rey.

"Yes of course," Rey agrees and pulls out her phone to find the nearest Starbucks. "I will be back shortly."