gio's surprise party 4 his scholarship

okay so it might've been overdramatic or something like that but this was a big deal to the polibio's. big boy g was going to college, he was the first out of the four to go to college.

it felt like time had fly by from his parents point of view. mattia remembers when gio took his first steps and sara remembers when she first found out she was pregnant with her little boy who wasn't little anymore.

he was growing up.

he had gotten a basketball scholarship to UCLA and boy was he proud of himself.

he remembers when his parents were separated and he gave up on his dream of being in the NBA and just playing basketball over all.

but once they got back together and things went back to normal, he slowly went back to playing again and he missed it a lot.

and his parents wanted to show how proud they were for him so they decided to throw a surprise party for him.

they had a plan and everything.

the rosario's were gonna take gio out, they would do that sometimes but this time they had to keep him really occupied and away from his phone so he wouldn't text his parents about wanting to go home or something like that.

the polibio's were setting up the party at mattia's father's restaurant that had been closed that day for gio's party.

they had balloons everywhere that were green and black. there was a cake that said:

"CONGRATS GIOVANNI!"

and little basketball figures on the cake for the theme. they were serving ice too (luke begged his dad for that) and gio's favorite foods were being made for the occasion.

but before he would get there, the rosario's took big boy g to the mall.

"dude! look at this!" oscar pulls gio towards the nail salon. "uh, i already got my nails painted." gio tells oscar and shows him his black nailed that ellie had painted for him the other day.

"i know that but they are having a sale on waxing! and boy, you need to get those eyebrows waxed."

"don't be rude, oscar." ale sighs and tells his son.

"anyways, let's get you waxed. i promise it doesn't hurt, well to me it doesn't." oscar says, pulling gio into the nail salon and the others following.

"will this hurt, tia?" gio asked stella once it was his turn.

"only a little bit but you can hold my hand if you're scared." and he does take a hold of stella's hand the whole time.

"FUCK!"

his eyes were watery and he squeezed stella's hand lightly when it stung a bit. when he sat up he wiped his tears and groaned, glaring at oscar.

"i'm never listening to you again." gio growls at the sixteen year old. "but hey, at least your eyebrows are on fleek now, eh?" oscar tries to ease the tension but all gio does is roll his eyes.

"can we get a slurpee?" max tugged at his father's shirt in the waiting room as they waiting for gio, parker, oscar and stella to return. ale saw them coming and so he stood up along with the twins.

"yeah, we'll all get one."

"i want a red one!"

"no i want the red one!"

and like usual, the twins fought as they walked to the slurpee machines at the mall. everyone was used to it by now and they didn't end up getting red, they ended up getting blue.