Chapter 3

"Lady Tsunade what's the story about him?" Sakura asked after she witness the duo leave. Tsunade smiled a little sadness in her features.

"Naruto is a special case." She began with a smile. "From a young age he knew he couldn't be a regular ninja, he's similar to you Lee except instead of having no chakra, he can only channel it through objects, hence he became a master in Kenjutsu and Seals. Due to him being a Seal master he's found ways to get around with out the use of Ninjutsu. It was a chakra defect that even I couldn't reverse yet he's a Jounin."

"What about when he was a kid, surely we would've noticed him in class," Kiba said screwing his face up.

"Ever since he was 6 Lord Third heeded a request made by Naruto. Naruto asked to be place in the TI department, his IQ is on par and may even surpass Shikamaru's. He's been there ever since and the TI department couldn't be happier. Naruto is great at what he does."

"Shouldn't he be in Intelligence?" Ino asked.

"Well technically yes since he unravels information. But it's not just scrolls that contain information. Just ask your father Ino he's worked beside Inoichi during these sessions. And he's even decoded information on people's bodies since when you kill them the message disappears. It's just the perfect spot for him." Tsunade smiled.

"And he's been doing it for 11 years." Hinata said quietly.

"Yes and he's an inventor of sorts. I'm proud he's come so far." She said proudly. "If you see him just get to know him, I promise you, you won't be disappointed."

They mumbled a bit before getting back to the main topic. Who was going to Suna?

********************************

Naruto ate his dango with a small contented smile, Shikamaru had his head on the table with his order untouched. Over the course of the hour Shikamaru has gotten the know the blond regarding his ninja career. 

'A chakra defect' Shikamaru thought as he closed his eyes. 'He reminds me of Lee.'

"Ne Shika, eat." Naruto chided shaking his shoulder, Shikamaru raised his head and found a dango close to his mouth. "Open up."

Shikamaru sighed and opened it mouth. Naruto smiled and fed him with a small smile. After wrapping up the meal they headed out with Naruto taking the lead. They ended up at Ichiraku Ramen. "Didn't you just eat?" Shikamaru asked confused.

"That was an opener, now it's time for the real thing." Naruto said as he sat down. "Old man your number one is here!" Teuchi came out with a big smile.

"Naruto it's been awhile since you came through." The owner said and turned his head. "Ayame Naruto's here bring out the big bowls." Naruto blushed a little.

"Seems you have a big appetite," Shikamaru chuckled, Naruto shoved him a little.

"Excuse me if my body and brain uses everything I have." Naruto snarled playfully. "I was serious though, I haven't eaten since I got them. Time sensitive triggers me because people's lives are at sake." Teuchi placed a extra large bowl of Miso Pork Ramen before Naruto and turned to his company.

"What will you have?" Teuchi asked, Shikamaru sighed.

"Regular Miso please." He said and Teuchi made his bowl and left them to themselves.

"Why do you do it," Shikamaru asked when he was half way through his bowl. Naruto smiled a bit and swallowed the rest of his meal.

"Because it's where I excel, sure I can be on a mission but my brain is more simulated with what I do now." Naruto answered. "Besides I get to meet with others who are on the same level as me." Shikamaru nodded in consideration.

He finished the bowl and they were on the road again but with no destination in mind, they somehow ended up in the park. Naruto's face lit up and begun playing on the different rides with Shikamaru watching like a proud parent. 

****************

Choji and Ino went looking for their teammate to inform him of a few developments in the Suna invasion. They traced his chakra to the park and was surprised to see him laughing with Naruto as they star gazed. Shikamaru looked peaceful as he laid beside Naruto in the sand pit.

"They make good friends." Choji commented watching them, Ino nodded but there was a weird look on her face.

"Should we approach them," A tiny blush was enveloping her face, looking at Naruto under the stars made his eyes light up like a galaxy. She could feel the inklings of a crush starting but now was not the time.

"No let's leave them," Choji said turning away from them. "We can tell him tomorrow, they look so calm." Ino nodded and they headed away from the duo.

Shikamaru sighed as he felt his friends leave the area. "Do you wish they stayed?" Naruto asked sitting up. The Nara shook his head and Naruto chuckled a little before getting up. "Come on time to go our ways." Shikamaru got up with a huff and dusted himself off.

Naruto pulled him into a hug and it was in that moment Shikamaru really felt their height difference. "Thanks for keeping me company, let's do this often." Shikamaru shivered as he felt that warm breath on his ear, Naruto released him and begun his walk home leaving with a wave.

Shikamaru stayed transfixed on the muscular back of his new friend he hand come to know. 'Naruto Uzumaki your a different vibe,'