Chapter 1

I opened my eyes and found myself in a strange room...again 🙄. I looked around and realized I was in the infirmary... of KMA.

"So... It really happened? I'm in LRL? Ya Allah, you're great!" I beamed at the sky.

"Cadet Islam, aap akele akele kisse baat Kar rahi hai?" Dr. Shalini's familiar voice asked.

I sat up and smiled at her excitedly. "Just thanking Allah," I replied with a shrug.

"Okay..." it was clear from her expression that she was confused.

"I'm feeling fine now, ma'am. Can I be excused?" I asked. I really wanted to see everything and everyone.

"Yes you can. Aur waise bhi apki drill ki time hogaya hai," she said reminding me that I'd now have to do drills as well.

"Drills..yeah..hahaha... Drills..." I choked out a nervous laugh. 'Great! Duniya ki saabse bari alsi insaan ab drills karengi!' I thought to myself sarcastically.

"All okay, Cadet?" Shalini asked, frowning.

"Yeah.. everything is great. I should go," I said before running out of the infirmary. "Mar gayi! Mujhe to ground pe Jane ka Rasta hi nehi malum," I muttered before starting to look for a way to the ground.

/

/

/

20 minutes later. I finally found my way to the ground where thankfully Captain Rajveer was in charge of the drill today.

"Um.. Cadet Islam reporting, sir!" I snap in attention while feeling ridiculous. I felt like everyone would know that I was a fake just by looking at me.

Captain Rajveer gave me a confused look. "At ease, cadet. Kya main jaan sakta hun ke apne ane me itna der kyu Kar di?" He asked, curiously.

"I..um..I was.." I started stammering as I couldn't tell him that I didn't know the way to the ground and on top of that he was sooooo handsome in real life that I forgot half of my vocabulary.

"Sir, Cadet Islam had fainted this morning. I took her to the infirmary myself," Naina informed.

"Okay. Take your place, cadet," he said before focusing on the drill.

I took my place beside Naina. "Thanks, Naina," I gave her a grateful smile.

"It's okay...par itna hesitate kyu Kar rahi thi Sach bolne me?" Naina asked curiously.

"Yaar, Mai sir ko dekhke bhul gayi ke main Kya bolne wali thi," I confessed.

Naina snorted in amusement. At the sound, Rajveer gave her a questioning look before turning his focus back  towards the drill.

I tried to focus on what the drill was as I would also have to do that, but all I really wanted to do was chat and gossip with Naina.

The drill was to run with a heavy sack from one point to another. Is drill se Kya sikha rahe hai mujhe kuch samajh me nehi Araha hai but ab yaha hu to ye Saab to karna hi parega. Meri kamar. I grimaced at the pain I would experience after this drill.

"Cadet Islam!" Rajveer called.

I stepped up hesitantly before taking a deep breath. I know I can do this and I prepare myself. Taking the heavy sack  on my back, I started running as fast as I could.  I was amazed that once I was in the zone, I was easily able to finish the drill. I grinned when I was done, feeling quite proud of myself.