Chapter 34

Declaimer:: PLEASE REMEMBER THIS STORY IS A WORK OF FICTION. NOTHING IN THIS STORY IS REAL...OTHER THAN MY NAME THAT IS. THIS STORY HAS NO CONNECTION TO ANY POLITICAL OR ILLEGAL ACTIVITY.

/

Aalekh woke up when he couldn't touch his wife. He had this habit of cuddling with Rehnuma in the mornings before he got out of the bed. But this morning was different. For some reason his wife was not in bed with him. He opened his eyes and blinked sleepily at the empty side where his wife slept. "Rehnuma? Ye yedi, kaha gayi?" he called out. When he didn't get any response, he got out and headed to the bathroom. He knocked on the bathroom door and asked, "Bathroom me hai kya?" When he still didn't get any response, his heart dropped.

Hurriedly, he pulled on his pajama pants and ran out of the bedroom. "REHNUMA?!" he shouted, panic filling his insides.

Hearing his panic filled tone, Rajveer got out of the kitchen holding his coffee mug. "Kya huya, Chhote? Chilla kyu raha hai?" he inquired.

"Bhai, apne Rehnuma ko dekha hai aaj subhah?" Aalekh asked.

"Room me nehi hai?" 

"Nehi hai, Bhai,"

"Nursery me check kiya?" Rajveer asked.

"Apun abhi aaya," Aalekh said before rushing to the nursery. Opening the door, he felt his chest filled up with a rush of affection. His children always gave him a content feeling. His own family. Something he always craved and desired. All of these happened because of Rehnuma. If she wasn't there, he would've just been a guy with really good friends. Maybe he would've had a family, but most probably, he wouldn't have. 

"Naveen? Niya? Mamma ko dekha kya apne dono ne?" he asked placing kisses on the twins' foreheads

"Naveen? Niya? Mamma ko dekha kya apne dono ne?" he asked placing kisses on the twins' foreheads. He preferred to speak to the kids in polite language instead of his usual tapori language. He didn't want his kids to talk like him. Now-a-days, he only spoke like that with his family and friends. 

"No, papa. Tatu ne ninni kalaya," Niya, his little girl replied. Naveen nodded in agreement.

"Breaky kiya aap dono ne?" he asked.

"Nehi," Naveen shook his headed until he lost his balance and fell back. Niya started giggling instantly. Aalekh also had to control himself from laughing at the boy. He was a goofie little thing.

"Achcha. Chalo, breaky kar lete hai," he said picking both kids up and taking them to the dining table. He didn't say a word about Rehnuma until both kids were fed and were send to play in their room.

"Bhai, apun ko bohot darr lag raha hai," Aalekh said as Rajveer joined him in the dining table.

"Good morning," Naina greeted, joining them in the room. "Rehnuma kaha hai? Breakfast nehi karna usse?" she asked looked at Rehnuma's empty seat.