Chapter 28

Once we had Ritu's confession recorded and sorted it in several drives, we each took one in case something happened to others. After that Ritu was taken to the army headquarter with one of the confessions. They were not informed of the extra security measures we had taken in saving the confession in several places.

The whole academy was waiting for us when we arrived. BC congratulated Captain Rajveer and praised us for the accomplishment of this mission. He told us that there would be a huge party the next evening to celebrate our success. I told Naina to stay with her husband while rest of us left for our rooms.

After taking a shower and a small nap, I headed towards Rajveer's room. Knocking twice, I entered his room. There was a third person in the room along with Raina. I smiled at him and soluted. "Jai hind, sir!" I greeted him warmly.

"At ease, cadet Rehnuma. How are you?" Col. Shakti asked kindly.

"I'm doing well, sir. How have you been? " I asked.

"I'm fine as well, beta. In fact, once I'm done talking to your Rajveer sir about official matters, I have some things for you girls," he said pointing at me and Naina.

"Sir, Cadet Rehnuma knows the whole matter. She also found the proofs against Lala Gehlot that Naveen had hidden," Rajveer told Col. Shakti .

"Which I'll NOT be handing over to ANYONE until I make sure they are in front of public," I added dryly, throwing a glare at Rajveer.

"Wait...what?! Are you out of your mind? I could arrest you for not handing over those proofs, cadet!" Col. Shakti stated angrily.

"Sir, I've never seen things that turned out wrong...and I've seen some really horrible things happening if I hand them over to you. I promise I will, when those bastards won't be able to hide anymore. But if I gave them to you before that..." I sighed, "you and Captain Rajveer with die horribly," I choked out the last part as tears filled my eyes. These people had turned from my favorite characters to my family. "Rajveer sir would be forced to kill you by those people and then they will kill him in a jeep blast," I finally told them the details.

Naina gasped and stumbled back as she stared at me with wide, tear filled eyes. Rajveer noticed Naina's reaction and hurriedly steadied her. Colonel Shakti also looked disturbed at my revelation.

"Cadet Rehnuma, hum soldiers hai. Maut se nehi darte," Col. Shakti finally told me softly.

"I know.... but I love you guys too much to sacrifice you when I know I can save you all," I told him passionately.

Col. Shakti sighed deeply, taking a sit in one of the sofas. "Beta, not handing over those proofs is a problem. You see, sirf Dr. Ritu ki confession se we can't arrest Lala Gehlot. Without proof, usse arrest karne ki koshish bhi aag se khelne ki barabar hoga... Aur aag se khelne walo ki haath jal jate hai," he said to me.

"KisNa jane kitno ki chita jaali hai uss kamine ki wajase... aur hum haath jalne ki darr se chup hojaye? Karne de usse zo uski marzi?" I asked passionately.

Setting Naina on the sofa, Rajveer crossed the room and pulled me in a tight hug. "We will do whatever you tell us to do. You never led us wrong. I trust you blindly.... and Thank you... for trying to save our lives. Ab samajhme aaya ke tumhare jaise chulbuli si larki achanak kyu army academy join kiya. Tum hum saab ko bachane ke liye hi iss academy me ayi ho na?" he asked me affectionately. I nodded up at him.

"Paagal larki," he said with a teary smile. At one side, the person he considered his family had betrayed him, while on the other side, a stranger had left her own life to change his fate. He was feeling really overwhelmed.