Chapter 14

The next morning, we were asked to gather at the assembly where faculty members and we were formally introduced to MB. (MB = Major Bhargav)

"Mujhe iss academy me bheja gaya with orders to close down this academy if it's not up to per with the standards. I was pleasantly surprised when I found how dedicated the new batch of cadets and their teachers are. So, I've decided to oversee the drills myself and see if this academy is giving our future soldiers proper trainings or not," MB announced.

After that, we gathered at the training ground and where waiting for MBA to arrive . "Guys, ye MB mujhe kuch thik nehi lag rahe hai. Hum sabko sabdhan rehna hoga. Do whatever you have to do, but do not give up in any of the drills," I warned them.

"Tu saahi bol rahi hai, Rehnuma. Iska dimaag hi khiska huya hai," Huda grimaced.

" Guys, wo aa rahe hai," Ali warned and everyone stood in attention.

"At ease, Cadets," MB said. "You, Cadet. Introduce yourself!" He ordered Naina.

"Cadet Naina Singh, Sir,"

"Naina Singh... Tumhare family se koi pehle army me tha?" He asked.

"No, sir,"

" You won't be either. Do you know why?" He asked sarcastically. Seeing Naina's stoic face, he continued, "because instead of focusing on your training, you are busy applying henna on your hands," he sneered at her. Naina stayed silent like I told her to.

"You! What's your name?"

"Cadet Yaduvansh Sahani, sir,"

" Next,"

" Cadet Aalekh Sharma, sir,"

" Hmm... Next,"

" Cadet Ali Beig, sir,"

" Next,"

" Cadet Rehnuma Islam, Sir,"

"Another one? Yaha training ke liye aap dono ya fir sajdhajne ke liye," MB scowled. "What was so important that you forgot that you were a future soldier of this country?" He asked rudely.

"I mean no offense, sir, but my mehendi doesn't define my ability to protect and serve this country," I replied keeping eye contact with him. I made sure my face was completely void of any emotions.

"Oh really?" He sneered.

"Yes, sir,"

"We'll see," he hissed. And I knew I had managed to get his focus on me instead of Naina. "Next,"

"Cadet Pooja Ghai, sir,"

"Next,"

" Cadet Amardeep Huda, sir,"

After that, we were ordered to complete a 10 mile run in one hour. We were beyond exhausted and hungry by the time we entered the mess. We were given milk and raw eggs to eat.

"Yuck! How can we eat this raw, man?" Yudi whined.

" Yudi, hush. Usse sunai nehi dena chahiye. Guys, mujhe dekho," I said. Taking a glass of warm milk, I added two raw eggs in it and mixed well. Then, I drunk it in one go. Seeing, this everyone copied.

When MB returned with his glass of milk and saw that we had already finished our breakfast, he was impressed, but didn't say anything. he had thought the cadets would protest or whine but instead, they finished their breakfast without even a small noise. "Now you can have other things as well," he said before going to sit with MN.

"Rehnuma, tuna bacha diya...firse. thanks yaar," Yudi was grateful.

" Ha, thanks sahi time pe wo sms bhejne ke liye," Pooja added.