Chapter 15

Next morning. We were again told to complete the 10 mile run before breakfast. After the breakfast, we gathered at the training ground. For some reason the scene looked familiar. When I noticed 5 dummies covered with white cloth, I knew which episode it was. I instantly poked Naina and told her not to react to whatever MB tells as to do during the drill. I also told her to keep control over her emotions. She give me a confused look, but before she could ask anything, MB and other faculty members all reach there.

 She give me a confused look, but before she could ask anything, MB and other faculty members all reach there

Then MB started ranting about desh bhakti and gaddari. He asked Yudi, Huda, and Naina about the difference between loyalty towards ones country and betrayal towards said country. The scene continues until MB asked Naina why he felt like he had seen her somewhere.

Since I was able to warn her already, Naina was prepared

Since I was able to warn her already, Naina was prepared. She knew that 'the best defense is a good offense' , so instead of hiding, she looked him in the eye and said, "You must've seen me at the funeral of that traitor, Naveen Singh Ahluwalia,"

MB had thought that he would reveal her identity in front of everyone but when she told the truth in front of everyone with such a blank face, he was rather shocked. But he was not one to loose. So, he asked, "I was his arresting officer. That's why I was there. Why were you there, Cadet Naina Singh?"

"Due to some unfortunate events, I was born to the same parents as him," Naina replied. Gasps were heard throughout the ground.

"Interesting! Apke kehne matlab ye hai ki aap gaddar Naveen Singh Ahluwalia ki behen hai?"

"No, sir. Jo insaan apni desh ke saath gaddari kar sakte hai usse mera bhai hone ka koi haq nehi hai. I have only one brother... Aalekh," Naina replied.

"Brigadier sir, kya apko ye baat pata tha ki... " MB was cut off.

"Yes, Major Bhargav, and Cadet Singh has permission from headquarters to continue her training. She is loyal to her country, " BC stated firmly.

"Is that so? To unhe ye drill puri karne me koi problem nehi hogi, right Cadet?" MB asked mockingly. Then, he removed the covers from the dummies and for a moment, Naina heartbeat stopped.