Chapter 19

Next morning, I decided to tell Raina about Dr. Ritu. I found Naina and Aalekh at the mess. Today's drill had been postponed as MN had to go somewhere.  I ran up to them and told them, "Abhi ke abhi Hottie ke room me milo tum dono," and hurriedly walked out.

"Ab iss yeri ko kya huya?" Aalekh wondered aloud. "Thik se khana bhi nehi khaya isne," he added frowning.

"Maine bhi notice kiya. Chal dekhte hai," Naina told him beforehand them also headed out of the mess.

Reaching Captain Rajveer's room, I started knocking impatiently. Rajveer opened the door and raised his eyebrow at me.  "Where's the fire, Cadet?" He asked, wryly.

"I know who the spy is. I know who has been trying to steal the nuclear triggers," I blurted out in a low tone so the only he would be able to hear me.

Wide eyed, Rajveer moved aside and let me in. "Naina aur Aalekh bhi arehe honge," I told him

"Par unhe Nuclear triggers ke bareme
..." He started protesting but I interrupted.

"They need to know. Because there's more," I stated sadly.

Sighing, he nodded. "Breakfast kiya apne?" He asked heading towards his kitchen.

"Pata nehi. I was so lost in thought that I didn't even notice," I told him with a grimace.

"Breakfast thik se nehi kiya isne," Naina said as soon as she arrived with Aalekh.

Aalekh closed the door behind them and approached me. "Kya huya hai tujhe? Subha se kaha khoyi huyi hai? Tabiyat kharap hai kya?" He asked cradling my face in his hands.

"Main thik hu...bas pareshan hu," I assured him with a small smile. "Sir, aap agar inhe nuclear triggers ke bareme bata de to baki ka bolne me mujhe asani hogi," I told Rajveer.

Nodding, Rajveer started explaining what nuclear triggers were. He also told us how Naveen was connected to these triggers. Naina looked horrified when she realized that her brother and husband had that same mission that had snatched her brother from her. She knew that I was right in my guess. The same thing could easily happen to her husband.

"Bataiye, Rehnuma, kya dekha apne? Kaun hai wo spy?" Rajveer asked.

We sit around the room and I started. "Dr. Ritu Mishra. Naveen Singh Ahluwalia ki girlfriend bhi wohi thi," I paused to let that soak in.

"Are you sure?" Rajveer asked.

I nodded. "She was sent to seduce Naveen and steal the triggers. She would've been successful if Naveen hadn't tightened the security at the night of the reunion ball. Panicked, she hid the triggers in Naveen's bag, thinking that his bags wouldn't be checked. But they were checked. Capt. Naveen had found out another secret while protecting the triggers. So, the true criminals wanted to make sure he was out of their way. That's why MB was told to close this case as soon as possible and he would get a promotion. Naveenji was not given even a single chance to defend himself. You know the rest. Ab kyuki she wasn't successful last time, Dr.
Ritu got sent here again for the same thing; seduce the officer who's supposed to protect the triggers, steal them, and then.... frame the officer," I finished.

" Matlab uska agla shikar... Aap the," Naina breathed out. She couldn't believe how close she came to loosing her husband the same way she had lost her brother.

" To isiliye wo apki kareeb aneki koshish kar rahi thi," Aalekh guessed.

"Bloody hell! I didn't even doubt her once. What kind of intelligence officer am I?!" Rajveer growled angrily.

" Don't beat yourself up. Sooner or later, you would've found out," I try to pacify him. "Yeah, that's another thing that you would've been engaged to her by then," I added in a low tone. But I guess I wasn't low enough.