Chapter 8

The next morning, BC announced about Rajveer's accident and his possible demise. Then, he gave us lecture about MIA soldiers.

Finally, Major Nair announced my most awaited news. He announced that we would be starting combat training from today. I was so excited that I was almost vibrating in anticipation. I couldn't wait to beat the shit out of Huda once I had the chance. I had to control myself from grinning like those villains from the movies.

They took us to a large area on the ground where orderlies had prepared dummies for each of us. Finally, after another looooooooooooonnnggg lecture about the importance of combat training, Major Nair began to teach us what I'd been waiting for... how to attack.

I knew I wasn't strong or graceful, yet, but I was quick and eager to learn. All my life I had wanted to get trained in combat like black widow. So, I'd spent hours studying theories, texts, pictures, and videos, but no practice. At the moment, I was full of blueprints and needed Nair to show me how to use my tools.

I was rudely shook out of my daydreams by a scowling Pooja. "Oye, miss call! Khush kyu ho rahi hai? Tune thik se suna na uss muchsar ne kya sms di? Ab hume ek dusre ki saath marpit karni paregi," she made a crying face.

" Suna maine. Aur main bohot excited hu iske liye. Tune socha ki kabhi hume dusman se agar akele larni pari to hum kaise larenge? Combat training ki jariye hum apni dushman ko hara na sikh payenge agar hum apni team se alag hogaye tab bhi," I explained.

" Rehnuma, I understand your point but man, it's gonna hurt so much," Yudi looked terrified.

" We will try our very best and we won't let Major Nair think that we're weak. I want us to be the BEST BATCH of soldiers this academy ever had!!" I encouraged Super six with a kind smile. All the cadets grinned at my encouragement. Their fears promptly ignored for the time being.

Nair then started showing us the basic steps of offence and defence. After making sure everyone had a reasonable grasp of the material and decent enough form, he let us go to practice on our own. For the next three hours, we kept on pummeling the dummies in front of us. Major Nair prowled around, fixing forms and showing the correct ways to hit.

Finally, it was lunch break. We were given only half an hour for lunch and were ordered to return on the half an hour mark.

Tired and starving, we went to the mess. "Yaar, Meri to band bajgaya. My back hurts and I think my elbow is swollen," Yudi complained taking a seat.

" Bas kar, Yudi. Yaha sirf tera nehi sabka mobile phone bigra huya hai," Pooja said grimacing.

" Oye Panjaban, tu koi mobile khake paida huyi thi kya? Kabhi to insaano ki tarha baat kiya kar," Huda asked smirking.

And they started arguing amongst themselves. Soon, Ali and Yudi got involved. Aalekh moved away from them and joined Naina and i at our table. Major Nair came to the mess to find those 4 in a huge argument with Huda and scolding them. He told us to report at the field in 15 minutes before he left.

Those 4 started whining about the unfairness after combat training schedule. They wanted a longer lunch break to rest their bodies. Suddenly, someone said from the entrance of the mess, "Itne jaldi ghabra gaye tum log?"

Everyone turned towards the entrance with surprised expressions on their faces. They were super happy to see Captain rajveer alive. Other than a few bruises and cuts, he seemed to be doing well.