Chapter 7

The next day, I went to the infirmary with Naina. We told Dr. Shalini that we both started our periods today and our hygene products were finished. Shalini went to the stock room to get us some pads but when she returned, she looked confused.

"Ma'am, kya huya? Pads kaha hai? Jaldi kiziye bohot bleeding ho rahi hai," I pleaded.

"Haa, ma'am," Naina added clutching her tummy.

" I'm sorry, girls. Lagta hai stock khatam hogaya. Don't worry main abhi jake leke ati hu," Shalini said.

" Okay, ma'am." We nodded like good girls.

Suddenly, Aalekh was rushed into the room by a worried Yudi. "Ma'am, Aalekh ko chot lagi hai," Yudi said.

"Kaise? Unhe yaha bethaiye," she ordered, rushing towards them.

" Aalekh, ye kaise huya?" I asked worriedly.

" Wo apun niche aa raha tha aur isse shane se takra gaya," Aalekh replied disgruntled. He placed a hand in my face and gave me a small smile. "Tu chinta maat kar. Apun thik hai," he added.

"What thik hai? Ma'am, Rehnuma, he fell down the stairs and has hurt his shoulder," Yudi revealed causing Aalekh to scowl at him.

Both Dr. Shalini and I started fussing over Aalekh after that. Reluctantly, Aalekh was wincing and grunting in pain. Naina then reminded Shalini that we needed her to go out for our pads. Shalini was worried about how she would manage that.

"Ma'am, what is if Naina and I go instead of you? That way you can be here with Aalekh and we can buy the pads and some new clothes as due to excessive bleeding some of our clothes have been ruined as well," I suggest keeping a sad expression on my face.

Shalini brightened instantly. "Brilliant idea, Cadet," she said.

The three of us go to BC's office and explain the situation. At first Shalini was being vague about our periods and I could see that BC was not convinced. Determined, I blurted out, "Sir, please try to understand. Naina and I are experiencing heavy bleeding this month. Due to that the last of few pads we had has been ruined as well as some of our clothes. We really need sanitary napkins immediately as well as some new clothes,"

Like I knew, BC paled at my explanation of the situation. BC looked really uncomfortable and started sweating. Finally, after a few  moments he said, "ok ok aap dono ja sakte ho... lekin sirf 4 ghante ke liye, " he said.

" Sir, ane aur jane mein hi 2 ghante lagenge to hum 4 ghante me kaam pura kaise karenge? " I pout at him prettily.

" Ugh.. thik hai, 6 ghante me ajana," he said, grimacing.

" Thank you so much, sir. You really are our guardian angel," I butter him up. I could see from the corner of my eyes that Naina and Shalini were giving me bewildered looks.

Looking flattered by my comment, BC said, "Nehi nehi aisi koi baat nehi hai. Aap logo ka health ka khyal rakhna bhi to mera kaam hai. Aap log jaiye. Bas sham 7 baze se pehle academy wapas ajaiye ga,"  Aur 6 ghante ki jaga hume 10 ghante ki chhutti dedi.

" Really? Oh sir! You're great, " I squealed excitedly, and in my excitement, gave BC a tight hug before dragging Naina out of there.

Bc blushed and told Shalini affectionately, "Kitni pyari bachchi hai. Shopping ki naam se khush ho gayi," 

Shalini gave him a confused smile and left.

/

/

/

We took two empty hiking backpacks with us. I took Naina to one side of the academy border and filled one of the backpacks with the sanitary pads Aalekh and I hid from the stock room.