Chapter 16

The next morning, before going for my training with MN, I reached Rajveer's room and knocked repeatedly until he opened up. "Cadet, aap? Is everything okay?" He inquired worriedly.

"No, sir. Naina is being bullied by the faculty members and cadets alike. I can handle the cadets, but you need to handle the faculty. Go to BC and tell him that Lolitaji and Bhargav had been bullying Naina. It's not fair as Naina is a truly loyal to this country and she also has permission to continue. Tell him you'll take your complain to higher authorities if something isn't done to stop these nonsense against your wife," I told him hurriedly.

"Got it," even he looked pissed about the fact that facility members were also bullying a cadet. "By the way, why are you up so early?" He asked suddenly.

"Major Nair had agreed to give me extra combat training. That's why. I gotta go," I told him before running towards the training room.

I found the training room empty. MN wasn't here yet. I take off the shirt of my uniform and placed it out of the way after folding it properly. Stretching my arms and legs, I walked up to the dummy.

"We meet again," I muttered with a smirk. I pretend like it was my enemy. The sound of my striking the thick plastic shell of the dummy echoed in the vast, empty room. It was soon joined by my grunts of excursion.

Since there was no one around to see, to laugh or stop me, I tried out a few of the moves I'd seen in videos back in my time. My kicks were pitiful and so were my punches. I needed to get stronger, smarter, and faster. In other words, I needed to be better. I growled in frustration.

"What are you doing?" Someone asked suddenly.

I let out a clipped shriek, nearly jumping out of my skin. I turned around to find MB frowning at me. "Good morning, sir," I greeted after calming my heart.

"Morning. So, should I repeat my question?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

"I was training, sir. I took permission from Major Nair," I told him.

" Okay. Let's see what you've got? Go on," he gestured towards the dummy.

Hesitantly, I started showing him what I was practicing. MN arrived and joined MB after greeting him. 'Whose face did I woke up to that I'm having to start my day with these two?' I wondered.

"Bend that leg a little more that way your kicks will have more strength," MB advised. Nair nodded in agreement. I followed his instructions and he was right.

"You need more weight training as well as core strengthening workouts, " MN said after a while. "Bend on the left and try to jab your opponent in the throat if he's taller than you," he added, showing how to do that. I copied his motions. I was sloppy. "Keep practicing," he said.

"Add weight and core strengthening workouts to all of their exercise routine, Major Nair. They need it, " MB told MN. Nair nodded. Then they continued training me. I was amused by this turn if event.

/

/

/

A knock on the door drew BC's attention. "Come in!" He ordered.

Rajveer entered the room and soluted him. "Good morning, sir," he said.

"Tell me, Captain. How can I help you?" BC asked.

"Sir, I've come to know that last night Cadet Singh's room was searched. I understand why this happened but what I don't understand is why it happened in the middle of the night. Cadet Singh not only has permission, she is also a true desh bhakt. Hell! She discarded her brother because he was a traitor. Didn't she go through enough? Does she really need to walk through fire like this every time it's revealed that her brother was a traitor? It wasn't her fault!" Rajveer ranted. He was angry and frustrated about this whole situation.