Chapter 18

Every mentor started interviewing their proteges. So, like every protege, I was also standing in front of my mentor, Major Nair and he was telling me what he hated about women. 

I raised my hand, like the good little girl I was, (note the sarcasm) and asked, "Sir, I object. My makeup does not define my ability to protect my country. So, I will definitely not be changing myself for that. But since I respect you a lot, I will refrain from using makeup for as long as you will be my mentor," I told him boldly.

MN stared at me with narrowed eyes before nodding slowly. "Fair enough," he stated. "Because I'm your mentor, it's my responsibility that I make you better than me ... Or at least like me. For that, you'll go through vigorous training. Your determination showed that unlike other girls, you have potential. That's the only reason I chose you to be my protege," he informed.

" I won't let you down, sir! " I solute him.

" Dismiss!" He said before leaving the ground.

I started singing under my breath as I headed inside.

"I've got my ticket for the long way 'round
Two bottle whiskey for the way
And I sure would like some sweet company
And I'm leaving tomorrow. What'd you say?

When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my hair
You're gonna miss me everywhere, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my walk
You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

I've got my ticket for the long way 'round
The one with the prettiest of views
It's got mountains, it's got rivers
It's got sights to give you shivers
But it sure would be prettier with you

When I'm gone, when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
You're gonna miss me by my walk
You're gonna miss me by my talk, oh
You're gonna miss me when I'm gone"

Suddenly, someone pulled me and dragged me behind the pillar. "Kya gunguna rahi hai tu?" asked the love of my life.

"Gana gaa rahi thi, jaan. Ab batao tumhara interview kaisa tha Taklu ke saath?" I asked leaning against the pillar.

" Yaad mat dila. Pata nehi kya sabit karna chahta hai," Aalekh grumbled.

" Suno, jo bhi ho apne nafrat ko dikhana mat. Kuch aisa mat karna ke wo tumhe fasa paye," I warned him.

" Tu chinta mat kar. Apun djyan rakkhega," he assured before placing a kiss on my forehead.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him for a kiss. Knowing that there's a deadline in our story, always made me hungry for him.  He pulled me closer by my waist and we lost ourselves in each other.

A throat clearing broke our haze. When we pulled back, both of our lips were puffy and red. I peeked over his shoulder to find Rajveer standing there with raised eyebrow. The tip of his ears were red.

"Hi, sir," I waved at him.

"Hi...aap dono kahi bhi shuru kyu hojate hai? BC ya MB ne dekha hota to?" Rajveer scolded.

" Kya Hottie, kabab me haddi kyu ban rahe hai aap? Aur sach kyu nehi bolte that you're jealous. You want to romance with your wife too but you're too much shy to actually do something about it," I poked my tongue at him.