Chapter 1 - Not Okay

THIRD PERSON

"Stop crying and get ready for practice, Ryujin!" Yeji's voice rings in ITZY's dorm as she passes through their individual rooms. Ryujin's sobbing gets louder and when she lifts her head up, her members are in front of her with sad smiles.

Ryujin sits up while her whole body trembles, "You came home drunk and crying, saying things like you messed up. Now, please stop crying. You did what's best." said Chaeryeong, who is now beside her with an arm around her. The girl looks at her members, "But.." she mumbled, sniffling. Chaeryeong shakes her head at her fellow member, "It's okay." Ryujin's tears falls as she hangs her head low.

"We'll wait for you to get ready, please stop crying." with that, Ryujin is left in her room all alone again. She glances at the clock and then to the window, I regret it, I'm sorry, Beomgyu.. She goes straight to the bathroom to wash the reeking smell of alcohol and also, her thoughts.

---

-

[Did They Break Off?]

These two idols have been the favourites of us fans, ever since they became a couple, we can't get enough of them!

They're the power couple, but it looks like our favourite couple is no longer together..

The two were reportedly seen sitting on a bench at the park, it seems like they were very serious about the topic they were on. It also looks like, Beomgyu was left alone after they talked.

Is it possible that they're breaking up?

-

"Beomgyu-yah!"

Beomgyu's door slams open, revealing a worried and slightly out of breath Soobin. While Beomgyu stays seated on the edge of his bed, Soobin walks closer and places a hand on his shoulder, crouching down next to him. Soobin observes him as he stares at the floor, "You okay?" asked Soobin. Beomgyu stays silent and doesn't answer, so Soobin decided to just talk to him.

The leader sits next to Beomgyu, "Beomgyu, I know you're not okay, so if you need a shoulder to cry on.. I'm here for you, and so are the others." he said, glancing at the black haired idol with his lips pursed into a thin line. He turns his body to face Beomgyu, "I know how you're feeling.." he said.

"How do you know what I'm feeling?" Soobin hummed at Beomgyu's question.

He shifts his gaze onto the bedside table in Beomgyu's room, "Yeah, you don't." Soobin's head snaps towards Beomgyu, his eyebrows furrow and his expression hardens. "I do, trust me. You feel -" Soobin didn't get to finish because he heard a sniff from Beomgyu.

"Soobin.. What is this? Why do I feel like I just got stabbed right in the heart?" The leader's eyes softens at his questions, Soobin wraps an arm around Beomgyu's shoulders and holds him close. "Gyu, I'm sure she has her reasons to do what she did. Yeji actually told me about what Ryujin was thinking of doing, but I couldn't bring myself to tell you when I had the chance..." Beomgyu rubs his eyes and coughed. "You.. Knew she was going to break up with me!?" he mumbled as he slowly stands up, shaking Soobin's arm off of his shoulders.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I just couldn't.."

"You're a fucking loser, Soobin."

"Beomgyu," Soobin sternly called, his eyebrows furrow and his eyes glare at Beomgyu, unconsciously.

"I thought friends aren't supposed to keep anything from each other." the black haired idol said as he steps back, shaking his head in disbelief. "I thought this day couldn't get any worse.." he muttered and drops his arms to his side before walking through the doorway. "I was wrong.."

Soobin sits back down and slumps on Beomgyu's bed, "Ugh.." he runs his hand through his hair and hides his face in his hands as he groans. Why does everything have to be unfair in this world?

. . .

It's like he was brainwashed, but in reality, he's just by the beach. Watching as the waves crash and flow, he thought to himself, Why can't we just be happy? He goes through the memories he shared with Ryujin, when it comes to one of the memories which was unforgettable, "I promise to stay by your side no matter what." Beomgyu cries into his palms. "How dare you break your promise, Ryujin? No matter what, you said you'd stay beside me...

But you're not here.. You're not beside me. What do I do now?"

---

"Ryujin.." Yeji called as she watches her practice. Ryujin hasn't taken a single break from when they started, which was about 5 hours ago yet she's still standing and dancing as if she's not exhausted. The others are currently resting at the corner of the dance practice room while Yeji was worried about her fellow member.

Yeji walks towards the blue haired girl, "Ryujin-ah.." she softly called, resting a hand on her shoulder but Ryujin didn't budge, instead of stopping, she moves more powerfully. Yeji sighs heavily and grips on both of Ryujin's shoulders, "Ryujin," she said as she turned the girl around to face her.

"Listen, I know you're not okay but you don't have to overwork yourself to relieve stress. Ryujin, you know I'm always here for you, right?" she muttered and observes as a tear slowly drops from Ryujin's eye. Ryujin bites her lips to prevent herself from crying, but when Yeji mentioned Beomgyu's name, she just let it all out. "Why do our fans have to be so negative?" Ryujin whispered as she nuzzles into Yeji's neck.

Yeji couldn't answer, she could only pat the girl's back. "Why do they have to say those things? Why can't they just respect us?" Yeji shuts her eyes at the younger's questions, she feels her pain, she can feel it just by looking into her eyes. It pained her more to see Ryujin like this because she knows the girl has a soft and fragile heart, she's slowly crumbling apart inside but she doesn't show it which makes Yeji even more worried than she already is. Ryujin's sobs fill the practice room, catching the other members' attention. Yeji could hear their hurried footsteps stop behind her, "Shh.." she whispered.

Yeji continues to pat her back, "It's okay, everything will be okay.." she said, stroking Ryujin's back with a very gentle touch.
I hope, Yeji said in her mind.

----