Chapter 4 - MCs II

RYUJIN

As soon as we arrived at Music Bank, we were escorted to our waiting room so that I can get ready early since I was one of the MCs. I slowly walk out of our waiting room, glancing around to see if the other MCs are out of their's. When I spot Beomgyu standing just in front of TXT's waiting room, I immediately shuffle back into the room and it made my members confused.

I turn around to face them and they gave me a questioning look, "What's wrong?" I heard Yuna ask but I just shake my head and tell them to wait. I heard footsteps passing in front of our door, it made me think that Beomgyu had just walked in front of our waiting room. My shoulders slumped as I stand straight, Yeji was looking at me with her eyebrow cocked and I puff out my cheeks.

I open the door and step out, but when I did, my head bumped into something that was firm and strong. I slowly look up and regretted it in an instant..

THIRD PERSON

Ryujin's eyes widens in surprise as she sees a familiar pair of brown eyes above her, they both step back and awkwardly apologize to each other with a scratch on the head. It took a moment for Ryujin to realize that he was actually standing in front of ITZY's waiting room, she cursed under her breath and uncomfortably shifts in her spot.

"Um - what were you.. Why were you in front of our waiting room?" she asked, almost stuttering but she managed to remain her composure. Beomgyu scratches his nape in embarrassment, "Ah. I actually wanted to go on stage with you.." he murmured quietly that only him and Ryujin could hear his words. Beomgyu's ears grew unexpectedly red and Ryujin's cheeks were flushed, "Oh.. Uh.. Let's?" Ryujin awkwardly offered.

. . .

"Annyeonghaseyo~!"

The MCs greeted cheerfully as the camera was faced towards them, "Ah, yes. We were selected as the MCs for this year, what do you guys think? Haechan-ssi?" Ryujin asked as she turns her head towards Haechan on her left. Haechan smiled to the camera, "I think we'll be having lots of fun. Right, guys?" he questioned, getting nods from both Beomgyu and Ryujin.

Ryujin glances at Beomgyu, "How about you, Beomgyu-ssi?" she asked as they made eye contact, they both look into each others' eyes and turn to the camera before things could get awkward. Beomgyu smiles, "It wouldn't be fun if there's no performances," he said giving Haechan and Ryujin a glance before exclaiming. "Music Bank is starting! Shall we introduce the first group?" he asked, pulling his mic away as Ryujin continues.

"Indeed, we shall! The first group up on stage is famous for their incredibly catchy music, with the heavy bass and fast beat, they kill the fans with amazing vocals. Introducing.."

"BLACKPINK!" the three exclaimed.

...

"Wow! Weren't they amazing?"

The crowd cheers loudly, getting satisfied grins from all three idols who were emceeing. As scripted, Haechan taps Ryujin's shoulder to get her attention and when she turns to him, he smiles sweetly and questions. "Who do you think is the next to perform?" Ryujin scratches her head and gazes at the camera, shaking her head. Beomgyu slyly slides in with a pointed finger at her, "Name the first fruit that comes to your mind." he said.

"An apple!"

Haechan hums, "Next up, performing their newest song 'Apple', please welcome GFRIEND!"

---

BEOMGYU

I forgot what this feels like..

I look at Ryujin and she was watching GFRIEND-sunbaenim perform, her eyes never leaving the stage and she's not moving a muscle. I smile and continue to stare, but I didn't think she'd look in my direction. So, I sort of freaked out but thankfully, I managed to calm myself down. When I thought she wasn't looking, I turn my head to her, but she still has her eyes on me.

When I was about to bring up a conversation, Haechan does it first and talks to Ryujin like I wasn't there, like I wasn't standing next to them. I decided to ignore them and watch as GFRIEND-sunbaenim's song comes to an end. I glance at them, the two are still conversing and we need to get back to emceeing. So, I shrug my shoulders then tap Ryujin's forearm.

"Let's go."

. . .

"Don't you think we are missing our most famous group here in Korea?" My eyes fall onto Ryujin who is currently talking, I can't help but to admire her face. I try my best to not make it obvious that I'm staring, but the thing is, she's gotten much more prettier since the last time I saw her, which was a few months back. So, that makes it way more harder for me to not stare at her.

"Of course, BTS-sunbaenim hasn't performed yet. Should we bring them out now?" Haechan asked and I sharply inhaled as it was my line after his. I nod my head vigorously like a child, "We should! It's BTS we're talking about here, we can't miss their performance." I chirped, causing Ryujin to silently chuckle, to which I blush at. Haechan raises his brows, "You're right." he responded.

"Back with their million dollar songs, here's BTS performing 'Black Swan'!" I exclaimed.

We got off the stage and silently watch as we sit in our chairs. But it's really bothering me, Haechan's being more talkative with Ryujin and not with other people, not even the staffs. I know since I pay attention, I sound like a stalker now, huh? Anyway, he keeps on approaching Ryujin and talking to her, right now even. He's not really watching BTS-sunbaenim perform, heck, I'm their junior and even I'm not paying attention to them.

My eyes refuse to stay on BTS, they keep going to Ryujin and Haechan's direction. I can't find a way to get my mind off of the two, the fact that they were laughing together beside me makes me sick. When I saw Haechan stand up and he heads backstage, I turn to her. "Where's he going?" She glanced at me and answered. "NCT DREAM is performing next, he's getting ready."

I don't know why, but I felt the need to push my chair closer and shuffle next to her. So now, our shoulders are almost grazing each other and it feels undeniably relieving to know that Haechan won't bother us until his group finishes performing. Speaking of performing, TXT is gonna have to perform right after NCT DREAM. But I don't want to leave Ryujin's side..

----

..........

;)