Chapter 9 - Together

THIRD PERSON

Everytime Soobin turns to Kai's direction, he finds the younger one to be looking at ITZY who are seated right beside their groups' seats. Maybe not the group, but a member. Being the leader of the group and the most responsible one, he nudges the boy to bring him back to reality to avoid any suspicions. He leans towards Kai, "Try to lessen the staring, Ning." he whispered, trying to be as quiet as possible.

Kai turns to him and raises both his eyebrows, "What do you mean?" he asked, turning to the stage where Red Velvet is currently performing. Soobin glances at his other members before leaning into his seat, "You do know that you're staring, right?" he questions the younger, grabbing Kai's attention with his thumb pointing towards ITZY's direction. Soobin watches as Kai's expression changes and his ears turn red, but Kai shrugs his shoulders and said that he was only checking on them.

The elder chuckles, "Sure, bud." muttered the leader.

"It's true, I was just checking on them."

Soobin gives him a twisted expression, "Yeah, maybe you were actually checking her out.." he mumbled and smirks at the younger as he scans their surroundings. Kai's ears start to turn redder as he shifts in his seat, indicating that he was getting uncomfortable. Soobin sighs heavily and nudges the boy, "Look, I'm not telling you to quit staring." he muttered, resting a hand on Kai's shoulder. "Maybe.." he pauses and gives him a small smile.

"Maybe it's time to tell her about this."

Kai widens his eyes and turns his head to Soobin, shocked at the suggestion he gave. "I have been through the same thing, Kai. I know exactly how you feel, I mean.. I can't stop looking at Lia. Whenever you're with her or near her, you start stuttering and sweating. You get uncomfortable, I know the feeling. Like, when we had to walk beside ITZY to get to our spot on the stage, I had to walk right next to Lia but that's another story. Anyway, you should confess." Kai's watches as Soobin speaks, the leader's brows furrowed and his eyes were all over the place.

"Wait, so you're telling me to confess my feelings.." Soobin nods his head as he slightly pouts his lips. Kai stays silent for a few seconds, trying to predict what would happen if he did confess his feelings. Either he would get rejected or accepted, but it wouldn't hurt that much to get rejected.. Right?

---

"Hey.."

Yeji doesn't need to turn around to see who was behind her, she stops walking and stares at the ground. She just didn't want to face him right now, with anger that was slowly building up inside of her, she gathers up the courage to, at least, give him a glance. She sees him fidgeting with his fingers as he tries to speak, but fails miserably.

She heaves a silent sigh and faces him, "Okay, look.. I couldn't call you for a long time because of shooting and preparing - and yes, I know I'm being a bad boyfriend but please, just believe me. I'm sorry, so sorry for not checking your messages. It's just that, PD-nim is making us practice harder than usual for this next comeback and we have to--" the boy immediately stops rambling.

After a very long time, the two finally kissed. Yeji could not hold herself back from doing it, she just couldn't control herself and she did the unthinkable. She pulls away and stares into his eyes, her anger slowly disappearing just by seeing his beautiful eyes. "Yeji.." he muttered. A smile tugs onto her lips as she wraps her arms around his neck, pulling him in for another kiss.

"No, I am not confessing!"

"I will make you."

"Hyung, I'm-"

Both Soobin and Kai stops and freezes, seeing the couple as they were making their way to their waiting room. The two turn their heads to each other, "Um.. Should we leave..?" asked the younger one, to which Soobin hastily nods and pulls Kai to their waiting room, away from the couple who's playing smushy-face.

"Holy shit, my eyes. Please tell me that didn't happen."

Soobin scowls at Kai as he pushes the door open, revealing other staffs who were cleaning up some clothes and putting away makeup supplies. "Apparently, it did." mumbled the taller male, he was as shocked as Kai was but he managed to keep his composure during.. all that.

"Soobin, where are the others?"

Soobin turns to their manager and glances out the door, "They should be here any second now." he said before he closes the door behind him. He walks towards the couch and sits down, pulling his phone out and then scrolling through his Instagram feed. Seconds later, "What the hell!" the leader laughs out loud at the shout. He can already tell that Beomgyu had shouted because of Yeji and Yeonjun, he gazes at the door for a few seconds, waiting for him to walk in with the most disgusted face ever.

The door swings open, revealing a surprised and disgusted Beomgyu, his face just says it all. "Saw what I saw?" Beomgyu asked as he shakes his head, trying to get the image out of his mind. Soobin simply nods, "I think I'm scarred for life now." said Beomgyu, causing Soobin to chuckle. "Yeah, I wish you good luck on cleansing your eyes."

Beomgyu flails his hands as he walks back out of the room, "And you're going to?" Soobin asked, but doesn't get an answer as Beomgyu had already gone far from their room. The leader shakes his head and decides to continue scrolling through social media as he waits for the other members.

. . .

Right when Beomgyu left TXT's room, he spots Yeonjun and Yeji talking to each other with smiles on their faces. He rolls his eyes and turns his head away from the couple's direction, he walks the opposite of the couple and keeps his gaze on the ground. But when he hears a voice that's familiar, his ears perk. He lifts his head up and he was right, it's Ryujin.. with company.

She's with Haechan and they're smiling, but Beomgyu sees something wrong. His eyebrows furrow when Haechan suddenly takes hold of her wrist, he can sense it; Ryujin's desperation of getting out of the situation and also, Haechan's desperation into getting something from her. He sees her trying to wriggle his hand away, but to no avail. He breathes in and exhales, he hesitantly walks towards them with his hands inside his pockets.

"Hey, guys." he greeted, giving them a small wave and a smile. From the corner of his eyes, he can see Ryujin's relieved expression. He cocks an eyebrow as he looks at Haechan's hand, "Was I interrupting something?" he asked, acting as if he didn't just saw what happened. Haechan retracts his hand away from Ryujin's wrist and hides it behind his back.

"Yes-"

"No!"

Both Haechan and Beomgyu turns to Ryujin, "I.. I mean, no, you weren't." she said, lowering her voice after her shout. Beomgyu turns to Haechan, "So, what were you guys talking about?" he asked and he knows Haechan was hesitating to answer. He can see that Haechan was thinking of a reason, a believable one. "I was asking her about our script for next week."

Beomgyu nods his head, "Well, what about it?" he questioned, knowing very well that Haechan's getting annoyed.

"I.. I'll just head back to my waiting room."

After hearing Ryujin's footsteps fade away as she walks further down the hall, Beomgyu snaps his head to Haechan, the smile he had on his face earlier is long gone. He eyes the idol, "You should've asked her more politely, Haechan-ssi."said the dark haired male, gritting his teeth as he mutters Haechan's name then he turns his back on him and walks away.

----

Late update :) Enjoy, though!

Bye (•ω•)