Chapter 18 - News?

BEOMGYU

I can't believe she did that.. Wait, I mean - I can but I refuse to. It's not common to see Ryujin physically hurt someone, at least in my opinion. Has she hurt me? Yes, mentally. But physically? Nope, not once. Sure, she hits me once in a while, but that slap was - woah.

Anyway, I'm still sitting beside her in her van. I have to be honest, I don't know why I'm afraid to speak, she just seems to be in deep thought right now and I don't want to interrupt anything. Well, you gotta do what you gotta do. I let out a sigh before tapping on her shoulder, not knowing what to say. I'm just gonna do whatever comes to mind..

"Ryujin, what's on your mind?" I asked.

She glances at me and gives me a smile, an obviously fake one. "Nothing.." she muttered. I almost rolled my eyes at that, "Judging by how quiet you are, I know something is bothering you." I said, grinning. She shrugs her shoulders and leans back into the seat, "Come on, you can tell me." I confronted.

The way she nervously looked out the window made me curious, so I also peek outside. "I think I was too rude earlier." I turn to her, a soft smile found its way on my lips. "I mean.. I slapped her so hard. I hope she doesn't hold a grudge on me." she mumbled. I chuckle at her, she's so tough yet so soft. Cute..

I reach over and wrap my arms around her, "I'm sure she won't, plus.. She deserved it." I didn't get to continue my words when she smacked my arm. "Ow!"

"She didn't deserve that, you idiot." I cock an eyebrow at her. "What makes you think she didn't?" I questioned. "She didn't do anything to specifically harm me, she only tried to take you away. But I took revenge by hurting her, that isn't fair if you ask me." she said.

"But she kissed me, she technically hurt you.. She-"

She cut me off with a kiss and smirked at me after pulling away, "Correct, but in the end, I'm the one that you like." she whispered the last part and it almost made me shiver. To make it seem like I wasn't taken aback, I reply to her, "Wrong, I love you." I could see her flushed cheeks. I'm tempted to pinch them, but before I could, "Sorry, lovebirds. But I have to take Ryujin home and Soobin is still in the other van, Beomgyu."

I quickly retract my arms from Ryujin at Mr. Kang's voice, "Oh.. Sorry for making you wait, Mr. Kang. I'll get going now." I mumbled, glancing at Ryujin and giving her a smile before getting off. "See you tomorrow, Ryu." I wave my hand as I close the door.

---

THIRD PERSON

"What?! That's ridiculous! She would never do this." a man roared. The door to his office slowly creaked open when he yelled for someone, "Call Mr. Kang for me, tell him to come here as soon as possible." he commanded, hands on his head, almost ripping his hair out.

What was it that caused him to terribly freak out?

. . .

"Ryujin!"

The girl immediately pulls the phone away from her ear as soon as she picked up, she didn't answer and only let her manager ramble. "Ryujin, have you seen the new article?" her eyebrows raised at the mention of an article. If there's an article about her, it could either be a pleasant one or a very, very bad one. "What article?"

"Uh... Never mind, Ryujin, change into casual attire and come outside when I tell you to."

She furrows her brows, "What? Why? Please fill me in..." she mutters into the phone. "I'll tell you on the way, just do as I say as of now, please." she sighs and hums before the line beeped, indicating the call has ended. She leans on the headboard of her bed, staring at the blank screen on her phone. "Ryu?"

She shifts her gaze to the door, "Yeah?" she answers. "We're getting takeout, want something?" the black haired asks.

Ryujin shakes her head at the younger, "Mr. Kang is picking me up later, I'll just go to a drive-thru before heading back." Yuna's forehead creases in curiosity. "Picking you up? Where are you going?" she asks as she steps closer to the doorway, revealing the other half of her body. Ryujin shrugs her shoulders and replies, "I don't even know, he just said to change and come outside when he tells me to." Yuna purses her lips and nods her head.

"All right, I'll explain to the unnies later. So, you can hurry off." she offers, before Ryujin could protest, she escapes Ryujin's room.

---

"Ryujin.." the girl blinks her eyes, still in shock at the news she got. JYP pinches the bridge of his nose, sighing heavily. "Is this true? Did you do that?" he asks the girl. Ryujin opens her mouth but nothing came out, there is nothing she could say. With his elbows on the desk, propping himself up, JYP leans forward. "Is it?"

She hesitates to answer but does it, anyways. "Yes, I.. I did." she stutters and looks down at the ground, ashamed.

"Why? Why did you do it?" she bites her lips at the question. "It.. It's a long story." she mumbles. JYP purses his lips as he gazes at the girl that sat in the chair in front of him, looking small. "Let's start from the top, can we do that?"

She inhales and sharply exhales, mustering up the courage to tell the whole story. "F-First.. I need to clear something up." she says and JYP nods his head, telling her to go on. "Me and Beomgyu are in a relationship.."

JYP breathes in and replies, "Again?" she nods. "And - um.. Yiren kept pestering us, mostly him." she continues, but stops when JYP questions. "How?"

She swallows the lump in her throat, "Skinship, hugging him and clinging onto him whenever she gets the chance to, calling him to ask unnecessary questions when he's busy and she also kissed him in front of me and other idols.. During the party Red Velvet-sunbaenim held for Wendy-sunbae's return." she answers.

She glances at JYP first before continuing, "The incident happened yesterday. We were heading to our vans, she waited in mine and pushed me out when I opened the door. She was rambling about how Beomgyu chose me over her and Beomgyu suddenly came back. She went on and on about the same thing, that's when I had it." she says, her voice getting quieter by the end of her sentence.

"Who's the other guy?"

She lifts her head up to look at the man, "Sorry?" she says. "There was another guy in the picture, who was it?" Ryujin froze for a second, thinking again about the incident yesterday. "Oh, it's Haechan.." she anxiously glanced at JYP before looking back at her fidgeting fingers.

"Ryujin.." she refuses to look up.

JYP sighs and was about to speak once more when a knock interrupts, "Who is it?" he asked and the door slowly creaked open, revealing the two people involved with the incident, panting from exhaustion.

----

Here's an update after so long-

Hope you enjoyed! <3