Chapter 19 - Low Profile

THIRD PERSON

"You didn't have to do that, you know?" Ryujin mumbled as she and Beomgyu walked out of JYP's office side by side with Yiren following them from behind. Beomgyu shrugs his shoulders and reaches for her hand, intertwining their fingers together. "Well, it was necessary, if you ask me."

Ryujin smiles at him and tightens her grip on his hand, as if she was going to lose him. "Thank you.. It would've been harder to explain without your help." she said and stopped, causing Beomgyu to stop as well as Yiren. The couple face each other and engulf each other in a long hug, the other girl behind them couldn't help but stare at them in awe, wondering if she'll have someone to do that with too.

Yiren slowly squeezed behind Beomgyu and made it to the other side, Cute, wonder where mine is.. The girl thought inside her head as she consciously walks further down the hall, making her way into the elevator. She presses on the lowest button that said, G, as in ground floor and waits for the doors to close. She leans on the wall, thinking about what just happened.

"All right, all right.." Yiren muttered as she grumpily walked to the door to answer the one who has been ringing the doorbell for the past minute. It truly annoyed her because she was just about to sit down on the couch to binge her favourite show. Before answering the door, she looked through the peephole. "Beom?" she whispered, of course, he wouldn't hear it.

She swung open the door, "What are you doing here?" she asked as soon as the door cracked open. Beomgyu pulled down his mask and gave her a small smile before saying, "Grab your hat and mask, let's go." taking her by surprise. "What do you mean, 'let's go'?" she questioned and he just rolled his eyes.

"Have you seen the article?" he asked, tapping his toes on the cement. She shook her head and sighed, "What is it about? It made you come here, it must be important." she said. He pursed his lips and hesitated to answer, "Well.. Someone got pictures of you getting slapped by Ryujin." he mumbled, the girl could barely hear it. "I'm sorry, what?"

He groaned in frustration, "The article involves you and Ryujin, we need to clear this up before it spreads like wildfire. I don't want Ryujin getting any hate, so I just want you to explain this to your CEO and to JYP to help them take the article down." he said, really fast, as if he was made to be the main rapper of TXT.

Yiren's ears perked and her gaze quickly went to his eyes, "I... Let me just change." she muttered. "I'll wait in the car." said Beomgyu, stepping away from the doorstep.

She jolts when an arm slid through the elevator's doors that were closing, causing the doors to open up again. She looks at the owner of the arm and immediately freezes, "Haechan-ssi.." she mumbled. "W-What are you doing here?" he smiles at her as he steps in. "Beomgyu.. He texted me saying that he can't drop you home because he has a schedule right after, so.." he paused, looking into her eyes and shyly smiling.

"I came to pick you up." the two of them stood there like statues for the whole ride down, blushing like crazy fools in love with each other.

. . .

"So - uh.. I guess, I'll see you tomorrow?" said the tall boy to the younger girl in front of him. The blonde girl shyly smiles at him and nods her head, "Thanks for the treat.. Oppa." she mumbled the last word, feeling embarrassed. "Well, I should go. My manager is waiting outside.." he muttered, still in his spot, in front of the younger.

"Bye, Yuna." he grins and chuckles at her rosy cheeks, giving them a pinch before slowly stepping back. "Wait.." Kai halts at the warm touch on his wrist that sends shivers down his spine. He turns his head to her, expecting her to shyly scoot back and be embarrassed in her actions. But it was the complete opposite.

Yuna swiftly placed a kiss on his cheek and grinned, "Yuna-" before Kai could speak she places another kiss on his cheek. "You have so many words to say," she said - more like complained - as she straightens herself. "I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.." she muttered. Kai chuckles at her and fixes her hair before waving a goodbye, "See you tomorrow!" she nods, waving back at him.

---

"Beom.." a voice said, sounding like it came from a small child. Ryujin and Beomgyu immediately separate, both slightly slamming into the walls as they launched back. Beomgyu quickly clears his throat when he makes eye contact with Soobin.

"Oh, S-Soobin! Wh-What's up?" he stuttered, straightening himself. Ryujin anxiously shuffles in her spot before her eyes lands on the plastic bag in Soobin's hand. "What's that?" she asked and before Soobin could answer, an unexpected guest approached the three.

"Soobin?" that's the first name that came out of Lia's mouth. Realizing the couple, "Beom? Ryu?" she finished, now standing beside the tallest. Soobin casually hands the bag to Lia, to which she accepts. "What are you two doing here?" she proceeded to ask, unbothered by their questioning eyes.

"We.. I was called into PD-nim's office to discuss about something." Ryujin answered, glancing at Beomgyu and signalling something. "Oh, and I came with, uh, H-Huening Kai." he said. "No, you didn't!"

The four whip their heads towards Kai's direction, "I came with Yuna, you fat liar." he remarked, causing all of their ears to perk at the mention of Yuna. "Yuna? What were you two doing?" Kai starts to sweat and breathe heavily, panicking at Soobin's question.

"I-I.. We-" the others stay quiet, waiting. "We went shopping together, okay?" he responded. Both Ryujin and Lia make eye contact, "Was any of our managers with you?" Ryujin asked, concerned. If they get caught, more and more rumours will pop up; making it even worse to deal with, especially with her current situation.

Kai's eyebrows that had been instinctively raised up falls down, furrowing. "I.. I hope so," he muttered slowly. "Yah!" all four shouted at him, stepping forward. Beomgyu heaves a sigh and hangs his head low, meanwhile Lia makes her way to the youngest and almost smacks him; not until Soobin pulls her back.

"Let's just remain calm in the meantime. There are no rumours yet, so let's all keep a low profile." he advised, his eyes meeting each of theirs and giving them a reassuring smile. "Okay?" they nod their heads.

----

F.I.N.A.L.L.Y.

An update after who-knows-how-long. If there are any mistakes you point out, I'll fix it immediately. Hope you enjoyed reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it!

♥️✨