Chapter 7 - Rumour

THIRD PERSON

"Ugh.."

Yeji shuffles out of her room, to Ryujin's bedroom door and swings it open, the ringing of Ryujin's phone had woken her up but somehow it didn't wake the owner up. As Yeji stumbles to Ryujin's ringing phone, she squints her eyes at Ryujin to see if the girl was actually asleep or not. She groans and stares at the phone screen, a picture of Beomgyu and his name was shown on it. Her eyebrows furrow and she holds onto the phone for quite a while before the phone went black.

Before Yeji could even put the phone down, Beomgyu calls again. She feels her mouth drying up and she taps on the green button, putting it on her ear and waits for Beomgyu to say something.

"Ryu.. Ryujin? Are you...there?"

Yeji sadly smiles at the fact that he's drunk, she knows by the sound of his voice. Thought, he might sound sober, she knows very well that's he's drunk. She stays silent and waits for him to say more or wait until she hears snoring.

"Ryujin, please come back.. I miss you, I miss us."

The girl's bottom lip trembles as she hears his sobs on the other end, she feels bad and guilty for telling Ryujin to break up with him if she couldn't handle it anymore. She hates it, she hates the fact that she chose to give Ryujin that suggestion. It's just that, Ryujin was getting sick of the negativity, literally. There wasn't a day where she'd not see Ryujin shedding tears in her room alone, seeing Ryujin like that makes her sick too. She had to choose, between Ryujin's mental and physical health or the couple's feelings.

In the end, she chose her fellow member's health and she knows she made the right choice..

"Ryujin-ah.. I still love you and I'm still waiting."

Yeji couldn't take it so she ends the call and slams the phone on the bedside. Her breaths getting heavier as she drops her arms to her side, "Oh, fuck this." she muttered and glances at the sleeping beauty. Ryujin is still sound asleep and she didn't even flinch a bit when Yeji slammed the phone, the leader hesitantly pushes back the girl's hair. "I'm sorry, Ryujin.. It had to be done."

But then, she questions herself.
What if she chose the other choice?

. . .

Yeji passes by Ryujin's room and steps inside, the girl is still fast asleep and Yeji couldn't even face her without trying to tell her what happened earlier that morning. She sighs and walks out, going to the living room and seeing Yuna munching on a piece of bread. She shows a smile, "Hey, can you go wake the others up? I'll make breakfast," said the eldest. Yuna gives a smile and nods her head, "You woke up late, that's unusual." the younger states with a smirk.

Yeji groans as she rolls her eyes, "Ugh.. You don't know what I heard." she mumbled right after Yuna left the living room.

"Geureoni han beon deo~" Yeji's head turns to Chaeryeong who walked out with her phone in her hand, on the screen was their seniors' music video and Chaeryeong had her earphones in her ears. Yeji blinks her eyes and waits for the younger girl to notice her presence, Chaeryeong dances to the song without noticing the leader's stare and then slumps on the couch.

"Holy-"

A smile creeps its way onto Yeji's face, "Took your time, huh?" she said, followed by a laugh, as she places the pan on the stove and turning the stove on. Chaeryeong clears her throat and hums, "Yeah, well.. Keep getting myself busy with More & More." she muttered as she pulls her earbuds out of her ears, stuffing it into her pocket. Yeji glances up at Chaeryeong and she sees the girl smiling at her phone, Yeji was about to call her when some unbelievably loud and heavy footsteps came into the living room.

"I win!"

"We weren't even fucking racing!"

"Watch your mouth, you nuisance."

Ryujin scoffs at what Yeji called her, "Excuse me, did you not see that the one causing inconvenience is Yuna and not me?" she emphasized as she enters the kitchen to help the elder. "Yeah, but didn't I say to watch your mouth?" Ryujin rolls her eyes as she puts the bread in the toaster. "Fine, but don't expect me to not curse once in a while." Yeji shrugs her shoulders and continues to fry some eggs for the girls.

"Was it just me that heard this loud thud coming from Ryujin's room last night?"

Yeji and Ryujin turn to Lia who had just sat at the table wearing a comfy hoodie, Yeji tightens her grip on the wooden spoon in her hand as she waits for the perfect time to flip the egg. She gazes at Lia, "Really?" the younger girl nods her head. "Yeah, didn't you?" the eldest immediately shakes her head at the question. They both turn to Ryujin with questioning eyes, "What happened last night?" Lia asked.

"I don't remember waking up in the middle of the night or anything.."

Yeji forces on a smile as she reminisces the phone call, "Maybe you just fell off your bed." Ryujin gives her a look and shrugs her shoulders. "It could've been that.. But I woke up on my bed." Lia chuckles at the exchange.

"What's for breakfast?"

"Your feelings."

"Jeez, chill out, dude."

Yeji laughs at Ryujin's answer to Chaeryeong's question as she turns the stove off and heads to the table with five plates. Ryujin trails behind with eggs and toast served on a plate, she places it in the middle of the table and they all start to gobble down their breakfast.

---

"Holy crap!"

"What?"

"I'm gonna die."

"Of what disease, though?"

Lia gives Ryujin a look of disbelief and smacks the girl on the arm, making Ryujin wince at the pain. "Yah!" exclaimed the dark haired girl and she rubs her arm to reduce the pain. Lia groans and shows what was displayed on her phone screen to Ryujin, "Oh... Wait, what?!" Ryujin quickly snatches the phone away from Lia's grasp and peers at the article.

"You were out with Soobin?"

Lia nervously and awkwardly chuckles, "Okay, there is an explanation. First, I was practicing and two, I had called Soobin's number instead of Mr. Kang's." Ryujin gazes as she waits for Lia to continue. "Didn't you put Mr. Kang's contacts as just.. Mr. Kang?" Lia puffs her cheeks out and tilts her head to the side. "Yeah," Ryujin stifles a laugh as she gets the idea of what Lia did. "And you saved Soobin as?"

Lia paints on a guilty and shy smile, "... Mr. Mine." Ryujin burst out laughing at the elder. Lia pouts and takes her phone away from Ryujin, leaving the girl on the couch and going to her room.

----

Kind of a filler chapter.. Cuz I don't know..
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

See ya