Chapter 12 - Weak

THIRD PERSON

Beomgyu sighs as he leans on the wall with a half empty cup in his hand, his newly dyed hair swaying as he turns to look around the place. The music is a bit too loud to his liking, he prefers it lowered but since this isn't his party, he just - somehow - ignores the undeniably loud booming music. He keeps his eyes on the ground, his turquoise Converse catching the eyes of some people in the room, his dark blue hair shining as the lights pass by him.

He's busy in his train of thoughts, he remembers the text Yiren sent him earlier in the day. She said something about having planned a surprise for him, at first, it didn't catch his attention. When he asked her about it, she only said that it would be a shock, even to all the other idols. That's when it piqued his interest, he keeps texting her and attempts to get something out of her or even better; the surprise itself. But, he knew she wasn't going to tell.

He lifts his head up and as if on cue, Yiren waves at him from afar. She is currently busy talking to Wendy, smiling so widely that Beomgyu thought she might injure herself due to the amount smiling. He chuckles and shakes his head, averting his attention to somewhere else. He sees Kai and Yuna talking to each other, a smile creeps its way onto Beomgyu's face. His brother from another mother is finally starting to understand his feelings and he's proud of him - perhaps, too proud.

He tiptoes towards the two younger ones, trying to eavesdrop on them but before he could, "Hey!" he jolts, but then he leans on the nearest object to make it seem like he wasn't doing anything just now. Hyunjin appears in front of him wearing a wide grin, "It's been a while, Beom." he said, patting the boy on the shoulder as a friendly act. "Oh, hey!" Beomgyu greeted, giving him a warm side hug.

Hyunjin chuckles lowly and runs a hand through his blonde hair, "I see you've dyed yours, too." he jokes, portraying a smirk. Beomgyu smiles and sweeps his hair aside, "I look pretty, don't I?" he asked and Hyunjin playfully rolls his eyes at him. As the two stand next to each other, observing the crowd in front of them that's all over the place, a familiar face pops up.

Beomgyu immediately smiles as he makes eye contact with the girl, feeling curious again, he decides to ask her the same question. "So, what's the surprise?" the anticipation written on his face just makes Yiren chuckle. She shrugs her shoulders as she tugs on her denim jacket, "I'll give it to you later." she mumbles before turning to Hyunjin, realizing that she had ignored his presence.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I ignored you."

Hyunjin waves his hands as he remarks, "No, no. It's fine, really." his lips stretched into a smile as he faces the two idols. Beomgyu suddenly slaps the girl's shoulder for no apparent reason, "Ow! What was that for?" she exclaimed, rubbing on her shoulder to ease the stinging pain. He sticks his tongue out and smirks as he eyes her, "I said I'll give you the surprise later!" she said, loud enough for the others around them to hear.

. . .

Ryujin anxiously taps on the red solo cup in her hands, waiting for her dear friend to return from a quick trip to the restroom. She honestly doesn't know why she's nervous, she admits that she's shy around large crowds but this crowd doesn't seem to even bother her, yet she's still that shy Ryujin. Someone's cold touch on her shoulder makes her jolt in surprise and turn around, "Woah, hey. It's just me. Relax, Ryu." said the female artist.

Ryujin's shoulders slumps as she sighs in relief, "You scared me, Minju." she muttered, giving the girl a glare before she turns around to face the girl. Minju chuckles as a smirk replaces her pursed lips, "You're obviously nervous. Why, though?" she asked, leaning on her left leg that's firmly pressed against the wall behind them. The blue haired only shrugs her shoulders before groaning, "Honestly, I'm not really in the mood to talk." she mumbled, getting a look from Minju.

"Are you on your period or what?"

Ryujin rolls her eyes and turns to the stage up front, "Oh? Chaeyeon-unnie," she smiles at the elder as the girl approaches them. Chaeyeon grins at the two as she stops in front of them, "What's up?" Minju greeted. Chaeyeon scrunches up her nose at the girl's poor greeting, "I was going to ask where Chaeryeong is," she said and Ryujin raises her brows at the mention of her member. "Have you seen her?"

Both Ryujin and Minju turn their heads around to look for the girl, when they couldn't spot her, they frown at Chaeyeon and shake their heads. "I'm pretty sure she's with Yuna." answered Ryujin, still glancing around the place. Chaeyeon huffs as she blinks her eyes, "Any idea where Yuna is?" she asked.

"Well, we could search for them now."

The three simultaneously move at the suggestion, going around the place in search for the two girls. They stop directly in front of the stage when they spot the two talking with some members of TXT, Ryujin automatically sprints towards them. "Chaer," she whispered, grabbing her attention. Chaeryeong whips her head around, "At least make it less suspicious.." mumbled the blue haired girl.

Chaeryeong glances at her questioningly, but she soon realizes what the girl meant so she creates a gap between her and Taehyun right before Chaeyeon and Minju arrives. Chaeryeong clears her throat as her eyes lands on her older sister, "There you are," the elder said, hooking an arm around her with a smile. Ryujin glances beside her and sees Yuna and Kai, standing next to each other - awkwardly. "Someone made a new friend," she muttered teasingly, facing them.

Yuna and Kai grows red and the girl immediately threatens to smack Ryujin, to which Ryujin only sticks her tongue out. "I'm going to get another drink.." Ryujin said, excusing herself. Before Yuna could call out to her, she speed walks to the drinks and grabs a cup to fill. "When am I getting the surprise!?" her ears perked at the voice.

She turns to the direction of his voice, the sight in front of her made her drop the filled cup in her hand.

Splash!

She bites her lip to stop herself from bursting into tears, she turns her back on them and runs. She runs as fast as she could, but she doesn't know where to go. The only place she could think of was the restroom, so she goes into the restroom and slams the door closed.

Her tears finally falls from her eyes, Ugh.. Why am I like this? She thought to herself. She closes her eyes and leans on the door, Why am I this weak when it comes to him? She questioned as she sobs into her palms, breathing shakily as she heaves a sigh.

----

It's a miracle, I updated. OMG-