Chapter 16 - Trouble Looks For Me

THIRD PERSON

Beomgyu grumpily walks on stage, tightly grasping the microphone and the cue card in his hands as he tries to contain his anger but obviously failing. Ryujin who saw his mood, almost immediately approaches him without hesitating. "Yah, what happened?" she asked and he shakes his head, refusing to tell her about what had happened.

Ryujin furrows her brows but didn't ask any further and proceeds to walk beside him, "You know, we should keep our distance.." muttered Beomgyu, glancing around to make sure no one heard anything or saw them. Ryujin's ears perked and she instantly picks up her pace, zooming past him and up to the stage. He chuckles and hangs his head low, trying to manage himself. Stop smiling, Choi.. He said in his mind.

He walks up the stage and offers a smile to the staff members and the two idols, "Whatever he says, don't believe him." he whispers as he shuffles next to Ryujin, making sure he was close enough for her hear. "But.. Why?" she questions and Beomgyu purses his lips at that. "Just.. Just don't. Okay?"

After getting a not-so-obvious nod from Ryujin, he pulls away from her shoulder and creates distance between them. Before he could concentrate on his lines, he sees Haechan pulling Ryujin's arm to make her stand unacceptably close to him. His blood boils and his eyes turn dark but he tries to make it less noticeable for the staff and other people, he could feel Ryujin getting uncomfortable and forcing herself to smile for the camera.

Beomgyu clears his throat as if to disturb Haechan so that Ryujin can move away from him, but of course, that didn't work. "Annyeonghaseyo, yeoreobun!"

(Translation: "Hello, everyone!")

"We're back and there are so many new songs that we'd like to introduce to you!" Ryujin started, portraying the biggest smile she can give with the current situation she's in. Beomgyu worriedly glance at her as he feels her nudging his foot, "Ne! Before we start, I want to show you something. Come here!" Haechan said, gesturing towards the camera to come closer.

He suddenly pokes Ryujin's cheek with his index and grins, "See? It looks like Ryujinie is getting cuter day by day!" he exclaimed, shocking the other two with the unscripted act. Beomgyu, once again, clears his throat, "Moving on.. Shall we introduce you to the first group?" Beomgyu asked, waiting for Haechan and Ryujin to respond with cheers. "Ne~!"

"Every night, every mind, every time, every sign. Wherever we go, (G)-IDLE will delight us with DUMDi DUMDi!"

. . .

Beomgyu glances around before leaning closer to Ryujin, making sure Haechan isn't looking. "You okay?" he asked, concerned. Ryujin gives him a subtle nod before turning back to the stage, bopping her head to the rhythm. "Stop lying, I know you're not." he mumbled, grabbing her attention. "I'm not lying, I'm really okay."

Beomgyu only heaves a sigh at her stubborn behaviour, finally putting his attention on the group performing. Before he could tap on Ryujin's shoulder, Haechan does it first and brings up a conversation with her like nothing happened before. He heaves another sigh as he crosses his arms, suddenly his phone rings. Ryujin turns her head to give him a glance and she catches a glimpse of the caller's ID, the two make eye contact before Beomgyu cocks his head to the side, telling them that he'll have to excuse himself for a second.

He made sure to give Ryujin a reassuring gaze before answering the call, "What do you want now?" he monotonously asked, to which she only responds with a menacing laugh. "How was it?" his brows knit in confusion at the question. "What do you mean?"

"How did it feel when Haechan pulled Ryujin?"

His blood boils at the thought, "Enough, Yiren." he muttered. "No, I'm not done yet. Ryujin hasn't suffered enough." Beomgyu hisses as he walks a bit further from the busy crew. His grip on the phone tightens as he grumbles in anger, "Listen here, you piece of shit, I am done with you and your little games. So, stop trying and give up already." he angrily said.

"You have really low standards, you know?"

He could feel his lips twitching and he's sure that his phone could be smashed right now, "It's not like she's prettier or anything. We're all the same." she continues to ramble about stuff, comparing herself and Ryujin with that annoying 'bitchy' tone. "Beomgyu-ssi!" he snaps his head around at the director's shout. "One minute, PD-nim!"

He turns back to the wall, covering his other ear with his empty hand, blocking out the sound of people talking and being as busy as a bee. "One more word about Ryujin.. one more and I'll expose this to the whole media. I mean it, Yiren. Mark my damn words." he emphasized, hanging up right away. I will do it, Yiren.

He jogs back to the stage as he stuffs his phone in his back pocket, putting a fake smile on his face. But Ryujin knows what's behind that.

...

"Beom."

He turns around to meet the eyes of his lover, "What did she say?" Ryujin asked, but Beomgyu shakes his head and refuses to tell her anything. She purses her lips in response and they continue walking towards their vans, and of course - they hadn't forgotten about dear Soobin whom Beomgyu had, technically, forced to come with him. Soobin's already waiting for them in TXT's van.

When he was about to take a step closer to the van, Ryujin stops him again. "Yah, look at me." she commands, causing his gaze to shift to her doe eyes. She smiles at him, in hopes of making him smile. "Stop being so cute." he mumbled and leaves a kiss on her forehead as a farewell. "Annyeong," she said, grinning.

She waves her hands at him as she, herself, gets on her van. "Well, well, well.. Look who got back together." Ryujin's pupils dilated at the familiar voice, knowing very well that what was coming next, isn't good.

----

Look who decided to update, pfft.

Anyway, I think this story will come to an end sooner or later and I am pretty satisfied with it. Because of the twists and Yiren's annoying character, haha, I'm sorry for making Yiren a bad character. I promise this is only for this purpose.

I apologize to any Everglow fans. <3 for you~