Chapter 11 - "Welcome Back!"

THIRD PERSON

"What happened!?"

Chaeryeong jolts in surprise at the door slamming open and let out a small shout. "Jesus, Yeji!" she yelled at the elder girl who had just came in, hence the door slamming open. Yeji gives her a smile and questions again, "What happened earlier?" and Chaeryeong only glances at the boy beside her, gesturing for him to explain what had happened.

Taehyun clears his throat and coughs in embarrassment, "Ryujin kind of freaked out when she saw us. So, that explains the voices and the - um, screams." he muttered, causing both Yeji and Yeonjun to knit their eyebrows in confusion. They give the two a confused look, questioning with their eyes. Chaeryeong shyly points her thumb at Taehyun, but doesn't say anything.

Yeji blinks as she processes Chaeryeong's actions, "Hold on, you're.." she trails off and faces Yeonjun.

"Holy crap, you're dating!" yelled the both of them.

Chaeryeong and Taehyun quickly rises up on their feet and runs to them to cover their mouths, "Shut up, are you trying to get us killed?!" Taehyun whispered intimidatingly. Yeji says something, which ended up getting muffled by Chaeryeong's hand over her mouth. Chaeryeong gives her a questioning look before she retracts her hand, "How long have you two been dating?" asked the leader, casually resting her elbow on the girl's shoulder.

"3 months?"

Yeji gapes at them silently, "And nobody found out until now?" she questioned and gets nods from the two. She is amazed at how the couple managed to hide their relationship from them and also the whole country. She purses her lips and silently sighs, "Wow.. And I never even suspected you." she mumbled.

Yeji swats the air for no reason and says, "Anyway, I also came here to tell you about Red Velvet-sunbae's party tonight." Chaeryeong's ears perked at what she heard, she turns her head to Yeji and cocks an eyebrow. "What's it for, though?" asked the brown haired girl as she gazes at the leader of her group. Yeji gives her a look before answering, "To celebrate Wendy-sunbaenim's return." muttered the girl.

Chaeryeong's mouth slowly drops as she realizes, "Oh.. I can't believe I forgot about that." she whispered as she pinches the bridge of her nose while shaking her head.

. . .

Both Beomgyu and Ryujin immediately pull away when the door suddenly swings open revealing a member of the famous group, BTS. He stops when he sees the both of them, he rapidly blinks when he realizes something that he should've realized sooner. "I'm sorry if I disturbed anything, I'll just-" the two wave their hands and shake their heads. "You weren't disturbing anything, sunbaenim." they said, stepping away from each other as they face the elder.

He clenches his fists as he is still not convinced. Beomgyu glances at the girl beside him, "We were just talking to each other." he reasoned, causing Ryujin to almost instantly agree by nodding her head. The senior bites on his bottom lip as if trying to solve a question, he purses his lips when he just gives up and goes with the flow. He drops his arms to his side, "All right.. If you don't mind, I'm just going to pass by you two." he mumbled, getting simultaneous nods from the younger two.

"Wait, aren't there elevators?"

Ryujin's question makes the elder freeze in his spot, "Ah, well.. I just like to do exercises." he muttered before giving them a nervous smile and turning to the stairs. Beomgyu and Ryujin turn to each other but avoid eye contact, they definitely know that their senior is up to something. But, they decided to not be rude and just let him be.

The two face each other awkwardly, the kiss replaying in their minds and making them burn up from embarrassment. Finally, they both decide to move a muscle. "I.. Um, just- Bye." after many attempts of trying to mutter a word, Ryujin decided to end their conversation with one word and walk out while cursing herself. Unknowingly, the boy smiles at her actions while he, too, walks out.

Beomgyu hides his smile as he walks back to TXT's waiting room, he probably looks like someone who had just succeeded in getting his plan to work; also, right after that fight and he's smiling like that? People might mistake him for doing something. But, let's not go further into that matter.

He pushes the door open and steps inside, not realizing that his members are silently staring at him without saying anything. He shifts his gaze to the members and finally snaps back to reality when Yeonjun clears his throat, "Hm?" he hums, confused. Yeonjun tilts his head as he peers at the younger, "Nothing.." muttered the elder.

---

"Welcome back, Wendy!"

Everyone cheers loudly as the girl steps up on the stage with a wide smile, she holds the mic up to her mouth as she chuckles nervously. "Thank you so much, everyone. This party is actually unnecessary but, thank you to my members for putting effort into making this party happen." she said, eyes scanning the crowd of idols and also staff members.

Her eyes glisten as the light hits her, "Thank you to my friends for supporting me throughout my recovery, it was very much needed that time. Um.." she paused and hums a bit forcefully; perhaps, she was trying to hold in her tears. A tear threatens to fall from her eye, to which she quickly wipes it off. "Although it hurt, I am happy to see that everyone is doing great and that my girls are holding up well even without me." she takes a deep breath before letting out a sigh, breaking out into anxious laughter.

"Sorry.. Anyway, let's make this night memorable and let's all have fun!"
The lights went crazy after Wendy finished talking, it hyped everyone up and the music boomed, causing everyone to bounce up and down. While everybody dance and mess around with each other, Soobin sits in the dimly lit corner with a drink in his hand. He isn't in the mood to dance or joke around, he wants to relax and rest at home. But it would be rude to do that, so he decides to just stay and sit still.

"Hey, you okay?"

Soobin lifts his head up and his eyes meet Lia's, he unconsciously smiles at her and sits straight. Lia smiles back, "This seat taken?" she asked, pointing at the seat in front of Soobin. When he shakes his head, she sits down and rests her elbows on the table. She raises an eyebrow at him, as if she is repeating her question from earlier. Obviously confused, Soobin furrows his brows, letting her know that he's puzzled.

A chuckle from Lia makes Soobin grow red, "Why are you looking so gloomy?" she asked and he shrugs as an answer.

Soobin scratches his nape as he feels the atmosphere thicken up, "H-How are you holding up lately?" he stutters. Her smile reaches her eyes as she hums, Soobin swore his heart skipped a beat. "I'm doing great, actually. We've been preparing for our upcoming album, so it's been keeping us busy." she replied and Soobin's ears perked at the mention of their upcoming album. He suddenly asks, "What's the name of your album?" he immediately covers his mouth.

Cursing himself because of how shameless he was, he quietly glances at the girl and saw that she was only smiling. "You wanna know?" she asked in a teasing manner, which made Soobin more intrigued with the matter. She wiggles her eyebrows to tease him more, "Oh, please?" he pleaded, pouting. Lia grins at him and nods, "It's called Not-" she abruptly paused when they heard some loud gasps.

The two give a glance at each other before standing up to look at the cause of the gasps, "What is it?" Lia asked. "Hold on, I can't.." he mutters as he straightens his back to get a better look at what's happening. "Y-Yiren?"

----

OMG LOOK WHO UPDATED *pretends to be shook*