Chapter 30

"I'm keeping this for now." Cindy said and raised her arm to show the web shooter she took from Miles's arm. Even with their normal suits back on, her web shooters were still gone. Miles didn't respond and simply followed her as she swung to a rooftop to get a better view of the skyline.

They stood in silence as they watched the skyline burn in flames and chaos. Screaming could be heard all around them. Sirens whaled out from miles away and helicopters whirled above them as they flew by.

She eventually looked at her dimension hopper and tapped around with it. She kept trying to do something with it until she started tapping furiously at it and slapped it before crossing her arms and letting out a sigh of frustration.

"Damn it." She muttered. "Mysterio did more to our hoppers. I can't get into contact with anyone. Luckily whatever is keeping us from glitching was untouched by him. Probably to play more of his dumb games with us later."

They stood in silence again and listened to the chaos that unfolded in front of them. Even without her speaking, Miles could feel the frustration coming off of her. She was breathing hard and loudly and her foot kept tapping. But Mike's could feel something else coming off of her as well. Anguish. About every three breaths of frustration she took, one would always shake a little like she wanted to scream and cry but refused to do so.

"You alright?" Miles eventually asked.

"Not right now kid." She said hastily.

"What happened?"

"Don't. Just don't. I don't wanna hear you right now." She said in an angry tone.

"What do you mean?"

"What do I mean?!" She suddenly shouted harshly and turned to face him. "You just couldn't stop him could you? You just let Mysterio toy around with you and you couldn't do anything about it! He could've been stopped but you're just too useless that you couldn't do anything about it! And now, the love of my life is dead because you couldn't kill him! You're just a kid Miles! Everyone thinks you're special and everything, but to me, you're just a useless kid who can't seem to do anything right and just relies on everyone else to clean up his mistakes! Everything is your fault!" She dropped on her knees and the tears that were due to fall bursted out. "He's gone. Miguel's gone." She sobbed mostly to herself.

Miles was shocked by her sudden accusations and the news.

Miguel was dead.

And it was because he couldn't stop Mysterio. Cindy was right. It was his fault.

"I-I'm so sorry." Miles stammered.

"Go away Miles, I just want to be alone right now." She said softly. The tears were free pouring right now and her head hung near her knees as the anguish took over her body.

Miles remained silent. He paused a moment to look at her again before swinging away. As he swung, the thought kept running all over his mind. Miguel was dead. He was an amazing leader during the fight against Morlun and always kept a cool head even as all hell would break lose. He was a great fighter, a born leader, and a great friend most of all.

And now he was dead.

And it was because I couldn't stop that bubble-headed lunatic. I just watched like an idiot as he tossed me around like I was a ball

He wanted to be angry that he got defeated so easily, but all Miles felt was uselessness. Ever since Gwen was gone, he couldn't do anything but just sit like a sack of potatoes as Mysterio toyed around with his feelings and life.

He couldn't stand this. He needed some place to think. Think of a way to get revenge. But all of this chaos was just a reminder of his failure. He needed a place where he could stay alone and sulk. As petty as it may sound, it was what he needed right now.