Afternoon Singing

Kyoka slipped out of the group as soon as she heard her other self calling Momo, Momo. She was too flustered for the situation and she wanted to get a little alone time to think.

She slammed her door shut and flopped down her bed.

Well her motivation just got severed, how can she manage to get that tad bit of inspiration now? 

Why did her future self have to come at the wrong time? If she would have been there a little sooner, she would've finished her song with Momo at bay.

On the topic of Momo, her blush was still there from earlier's proclamation of herself.

She muffled a groan to her pillow and forced herself to sit up and grab her notebook. She looked at the lyrics and stared for a while, not recognising who's handwriting this was.

She felt getting pinched when she finally realised who's writing this belonged.

The elegant curves and clean strokes, there was no doubt that this was Momo's, she might've took advantage of her trance earlier and had wrote the words she quietly sang out earlier.

Her face heated up, this song was about mornings. Mornings with you. That was the title she thought of at least. The mornings she spends with her classmates but none of those hold a candle of their alone time every time they end up in the kitchen. She might've just outed herself to Momo just then.

"Fuck..." was all she managed, heck, that wasn't even a whisper.

She read the lyrics again before she brushed her fingers across the paper's writing.

"Shiting fuck!" she yelled in a whisper, burying her face in the notes like it was the one that held her life, "How am I that much of an idiot?! She was right there!"

She slammed her head to her notebook again and again, cussing and cussing. She even made a new cuss word when her vocab book had ran out of those.

She threw her notebook to the corner of her bed as soon as she got ahold of herself. A new idea popped in her mind and she wanted to try it, an effort to maybe rid her thoughts of a specific raven-haired goddess.

She got to her desk and quickly opened one of the apps she had downloaded that records audio. She pressed record and started setting up her equipment.

She grabbed the cables from the box under her bed and quickly plugged her guitar to the amplifier and her mic set near her computer.

She dragged her stool to the direction and sat on it.

She took a deep breath and struck the first chord. It rang correctly, the sound vibrated a few more octaves before she placed her palm to it to stop the sound. She glanced at the computer to see the sound waves being recorded.

She smiled at her success.

Her jacks zoomed and opened a random song generator website.

The title and author of a sing appeared in her screen and she smiled widely and started strumming the intro.

~

The strumming guitar echoed throughout the dorm's speaker. What Kyoka didn't know was that Aizawa had connected all devices to the speakers, to expose the people watching... stuff.

It stopped all of the conversations and everybody just started looking up and to the speakers.

Jirou and Momo had smiles on their faces, already they knew who was behind the music. The others seemed oblivious, despite the fact that they only have one classmate that has a full set of recording gear.

Then her husky voice followed, seemingly full of grace as she flowed with the song so perfectly that rivalled the original.

it sent shivers down her spine at how angelic it sounded. The voice clicked and everyone knew who the singer was.

"I've been awake for a while now..."

They all swayed with the beat, the mood in the room becoming more lighter than before. This voice was very much beautiful. She didn't miss a beat with each strum of chord and her notes were on pitch with her control and experience shinning through the mic.

The song was coming to an end and everyone was sighing dreamily.

There came the plucking, soft and quiet plucking. The chords were ringing in their minds, memorising each note and lyric coming out the speaker.

"Wherever... wherever..."

The it came to an end.

Everyone cheered and whooped, they knew she wouldn't hear them so they cheered as loud as they can. It brought a blush to Jirou's face at the appreciation.

The afternoon was just that.

Kyoka's soft and calming voice booming through the speakers as they held quiet conversations. All of them losing interest at the newcomer and more interested in what Kyoka was singing.

It calmed everybody, even Bakugo was to be calmed down. He was quieter, sitting lazily at the loveseat while the rest of the BakuSquad talked on the floor.

"Yaomomo!" Momo spun around. She was quick to cover her amusement and her longing to go up to Kyoka's room and sing with her but was too shy to do so.

There was Jirou, waving and smiling warmly at her. It was intimidating, that the both of them were in the same height.

She returned her wave with a nod, "Is it alright if I call you Yaomomo?" Jirou asks, concerned of her rank to the goddess, "I know how you get whenever you're uncomfortable with something..."

Momo chuckled dryly, believing her worries but... "You have nothing to worry. Besides, I think the both of us are on first name basis in the future."

Jirou rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly, "Just checking. I don't want to trespass any boundaries with you." This was definitely Kyoka in the future. No one was more 'you first before me' than Kyoka Jirou herself, that, Momo could confirm.

Momo tilts her head to the side, "Is there anything you need from me?"

"Yup! And I want you to come with me..!"