five

The meeting ends with the time span of two hours and twenty-seven minutes, which for the record, has so far been the slowest two hours and twenty-seven minutes you have ever experienced in this lifetime.

"That was the slowest two hours and twenty-seven minutes of my life." You say to your boss with a slightly dragged voice. He on the other hand, oddly doesn't respond to you, making you crease your brow and turn his way.  An odd smirk is present on his face, while he keeps his eyes on the wooden door in front of him.

"What did you do?" You ask him with slitted eyes and a suspecting tone. He looks at you and shrugs his shoulders, as if he had not just done anything wrong.

"I may, or may not have provoked your ex-fiancé." Kuroo says as if he's bragging while cunningly smiling at you. You heave a sigh, placing your hand on your forehead. You're very disappointed but not surprised at your boss' actions.

"That's not nice vice-president." You try to sternly tell him, but he doesn't show any kind of thought about your words, simply placing his hand on your hair, and ruffling it.

"That's a habit of yours vice-president." You glare, but he simply smiles, unaffected.

'That's a cute smile' You say to yourself.

"I know." He says as he shrugs his shoulders while walking towards the exit of the room. You follow him with your eyes trained on phone, not looking at your way, causing you bump into a shoulder.

"Ah, sorry." You apologize lightly then looking at the brick like owner of the shoulder. You really wish you didn't look up, but just to your luck, you did.

"(Y/N), can I talk to you for a bit?" Tsukishima stands before you and pleads with his eyes and voice, causing you look at him with one brow raised.

"What is it about?" You say in the harshest way you can, however he seems to be unfazed, opening his mouth to speak, taking your hands softly into his.

"I'm not giving you up to Kuroo." He says while looking into your [E/C] eyes, gently squeezing your hands. You nearly cringe at his declaration, but the way his eyes show absolute determination wanting you to know that his feelings never left, that his love for you is still there, make you not want to burst his bubble.

"Did I ask?" You click your tongue at him, removing your hands from his grip, and then walking away from him.

He sighs and slumps his shoulders. He doesn't want to end your love story like this, he just wants to add more chapters to it.

"How'd it go Tsukishima?" Yamaguchi appears from behind him, looking at his bestfriend who looks utterly defeated.

"Is this how she felt?" He says to himself, sighing as he gains back his composure before walking to the elevator to leave the building as fast as he can.

"Kei! Welcome home, I made you your favourite strawberry shortcake." You say with a large smile, walking towards the entrance to give him a hug.  However, your form of affection is ultimately declined by the man.

You blink your eyes rapidly as you process what had just happened. He declined your hug silently, he never did that before.

"Are you okay?" You ask him, hurriedly walking to his side getting ahold of his blazer sleeves, but he wordlessly yanks your hand away.

"Let go, I'm tired." He heaves, walking up to the second floor smiling at his phone. Tears brim in your eyes, even if you did fight it never went this way, he never yanked your hand away, nor did he ever walk away from you just like that