one

"I'm home." Tsukishima announces. He steps into the flat, face devoid of any human emotion as he removes his shoes. You turn your head to the doorway, instantly smiling and humming your favourite tune when you spot his tall figure standing by. In cheery manner, you walk to the doorstep to greet your fiancé with the usual embrace and a small kiss.

But he doesn't kiss back.

"Is something bothering you Kei?" You ask, studying his unusual demeanour as you walk towards the cupboard. You grab a glass, and then walk to the fridge to fill it with water. Once done, you lend him the glass of water.

"No, nothing at all." He coldly replies, taking the glass of water from your grasp rather brashly. You press your lips into a thin line, feeling slightly dejected, but you don't acknowledge it; instead you brush it off and walk behind him to remove his blazer.

"Don't, I didn't tell you to do that." He hisses, pulling it back up to his shoulders. You let go of the blazer, biting down on your lower lip and clearing your throat, starting to feel the growing tension in the air.

"Have some dinn—" You trail, but you don't finish, you can't. I mean, who would you would be talking to if he's already walking up the stairs, not bothering to hear what you have to say. "—dinner, I was waiting for you." You finish off your sentence as you hear the door of the bedroom slam shut. Tears fog your vision as a stinging sensation creep to your eyes, but you refuse to let them out, quickly sucking them back in.

'For sure something is wrong and something is off. But he isn't telling me, perhaps he just needs some space?' You ask yourself.

With deep aching thoughts, you walk towards the untouched dish. You stare at it intensely, remembering the things you had to go through just to create this dish. You watched a couple of videos on the internet just to learn this dish, because you remember him saying he'd want to taste your version of it. It's just sad that he doesn't know that, and he probably doesn't want to know that either.

Sadness waves over you as you place it in the fridge. Feeling defeated and tired, you walk to the couch. Once seated you pull out your phone. Your wallpaper comes into view, it's you and your fiance from a few years back.

With a smile, you let the old memory play in your head.

"Kei, I'm tired of walking." You pout, complaining as you take a seat on the grass, looking down at your feet before taking out your heeled boots. Mentally cursing at yourself as to why you didn't listen to him.

"You're making it hard for me to not say 'I told you so'." He says, taking up the space beside you, as he diligently inspects at the light purple bruise. His course hands trail on the bruised area before slightly pushing on it, causing you to let out a hiss.

"Does it hurt that bad?" He cautiously asks with his golden eyes looking at you in a concerned manner. You nod lightly, looking on the ground feeling defeated. He chuckles lightly at your expression before crouching in front of you and cracking his fingers.

"Get on my back. You're not walking with that." He points at the culprit, the heeled boots of-course. You temporize for a second before situating yourself on his back with a stupid smile plastered on your face. He grunts a bit, standing up from his position, staring at the heels that hangs beside his ear and snagging it from you quietly.

"Aren't I heavy Kei?" You ask, concerned, but he chuckles instead, continuing to walk upwards.

"You're too light. I can barely feel your weight on me." He slightly brags causing you to smile at him, nuzzling your head to his neck as a form of appreciation and affection.