Chapter VII

Michael

I was up early today because my dad had called for an early meeting with our other partners: the Sartorius. I was really particular about the meeting but my father had insisted on me being present. Initially, it was to be later at lunch today but he changed his mind this morning. Something about leaving for a meeting in Florida later today. I had Avery come earlier to set the documents for the meeting. I just pray all goes well and I still got a hang on these things. This was the first project my father let me manage on my own. I was a little antsy that I kept tapping my foot on the floor nervously.

Avery stopped for a couple of seconds to watch me with a frown before her features softened. She dropped the files she was holding on the table before moving up to me.

"You'll be fine. You've done this many times before and you did great. If you need any help I'll always be two steps away." She offered placing her hand on my shoulder. I looked up at her but I still couldn't shake that awkward feeling away.

"I just pray I don't puke my guts out infront of them. I'm way to old for that kind of embarrassment." I said with a grimace and she chuckled.

"Way too old." She replied. "But you have an entire team here to catch you up in case of any falter. We all got you covered." She reassured.

"Miss Haines, please inform Mr Donovan that Mr. Sartorius is available now." The clipped microphone on the collar of her shirt buzzed.

"Got it." She replied back. "I guess it's now or never so tell your guts to settle down while I usher up here." She said before leaving.

"I'm so screwed." I sighed falling into his seat in the boardroom.

                      ****************

Aisha.

I lazily rolled over in bed out of Christian's grasp to grab my phone and check on the time and notifications since it had been buzzing on the bedside drawers for quite some time. Christian groaned in the process as I moved. Eyeing my screen, I saw 9:30am. 

"Shit!" I cussed out loud, sitting up erect to read the notifications. Over 20 missed calls from Javier and his EA and tons of messages.

What's happening?

Hey...🌞

Pick up 🤨...

I'm getting really desperate right now please answer 😣😩...

I knew I was late but the important meeting today wasn't until midday. So i  still got ....

Hey, I've been trying to get to you to no avail. The meeting has been pushed earlier to this morning at 9:00am.
Come fast because we're about to start.

"Damn it." I cussed again, trying to get out of bed but got my legs tangled in the sheets and fell on the floor in a loud tud.

"Honey are you alright?" Christian got up to check on me.

"Yea, just misstepped." I replied trying to stand up on my own. Then I felt his arms raise me.

"I got you." He replied and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said as I stood up once again. I was about to dash for the bathroom before he stopped me.

"Hey," he called grabbing my wrist. " Aren't you forgetting something." He asked with a lopsided grin.