24| panic attack

Chapter 24

I wanna live in your world instead of mine

~Nathaniel's Lyric Journal

I WROTE MY OFFICIAL FIRST SONG TODAY.

Before it was wisps of thoughts on a notebook. A song was inevitable, but I didn't know what to expect. I wanna live in your world instead of mine. The melodies were running in my head, begging to be seen. I spent the early morning experimenting with different chords and fitting the lyrics in my notebook into the song.

I thought I would feel a rush for joy, but I felt...content. A smile grew on my face when I looked at the words, feeling a moment of pride. If Mom was here, she would've loved it.

I put the notebook and guitar aside, laying back on the bed and looking at the rotating fan over my head. My eyes felt heavy but my mind felt energetic. I reached for my phone to check the time.

11:12 A.M

Elise would be awake by now. I felt bad bothering her after we called and texted until the early morning, but I wanted to see her after this milestone.

Me: Good morning beautiful. What r u doing?

My phone beeps. A picture of Elise on her bed, blonde hair little mussed against her sheets but her eyes were sparkling apperaed on my phone. I smiled at the picture, looking at the lacy white dress that fell over her frame.

Elise: Lying in bed

Me: I wish I could look THAT good in bed

Elise: I think you do.

The thought of her thinking about me, made my body tense.

Me: R u free to come over now?

Elise: I can be there in 5

Me: Great. Come with that dress.

She didn't respond for a while until she suddenly texted me that was at my kitchen door.

Suddenly I wasn't tired anymore. I shot up the bed. I walked down the hallway, and peeked between the doors. Dad's door was open, and I could see his neatly made bed- not a total surprise. I turned to quietly open Carlo's door and saw Carlos sprawled out, snoring loudly and the sheets on the floor, likely kicked off.

With the coat cleared, I entered the kitchen and saw Elise. When I walked into the kitchen, I see Elise. Her hair was pulled back in a loose ponytail with short strands framing her face. Her white dress fell comfortably over her knees.

She looked even better in the picture.

I opened the door, and both of us smiled when we locked eyes.

"Hi," I greeted.

"Hi." She responded softly. Her face turned to a strange look after some moments of silence. "You're looking at me weirdly."

I laughed lightly, touching my fingers along her cotton dress. "You're coming here with this dress. What did you expect?"

She rolled her eyes, her cheeks turning a faint red. "Hush." She started to laugh before I gestured her to be quiet despite my own smile coming.

"Shhh. My brother is still in the house. Let me get you to your room," I said.

She put a hand on my back, muffling her laugh before placing a hand on my back. "Oh sneaky. I like this."

I gently directed her down the hall, trying to avoid thinking about what was going on in my pants. We snuck past Carlo's bedroom, allowing her in before shutting the door behind me.