Chapter 3

"Okay let's talk victimology", Hotch stated as we were about to land.

"Well honestly Hotch, we don't have much to go off of," Morgan started, "This guy has picked girls that are various races, ages, height, hair color.."

"Not to mention they local PD couldn't find a connection between any of them", Emily added.

"And that is what we have dear Penelope for", Rossi said jokingly but was definitely being serious.

"Garcia, try to  find a connection between any victims, even if it's the smallest one. I know the local PD couldn't find anything but you are not the local PD my dear", Rossi said after calling Garica onto the video screen.

"That I am not my sweetness", she said with a small laugh, "I'll get you that info and hit you back."

"Alright, when we land Reid and Mills I want you to stay at the station and continue with victimology and start on our geographical profile, we could use both of your brains to try and pinpoint an area we can find this guy next.  Garcia will call you two if she finds any connections between the victims." Hotch started. "Prentiss you and Dave go to the crime scene, see if we missed anything or if we can find something out about this guy's behavior. Morgan go to the local M.E. and see if we can see anything else on this unsubs behavior through his victims. JJ, the parents and sister of the recent victim are coming to the station, I want you to see if they can come up with anyone who might do this. I will set up at the local PD in the meantime."

And with that, my first BAU case was a go. When we got to the station, Reid and I began trying to narrow down a geographical profile which seemed almost impossible.

"This guy is killing all over the city, how are we supposed to narrow this down?" I asked, a slightly annoyed tone in my voice.

"As someone who is always stuck doing this, trust me I get it. But we have to look at this maybe from a different point of view. Maybe it's the specific place he is killing and not the areas as a whole. As a matter of fact, several serial killers base their locations of killing off of some sort of childhood trauma that they went through, attempting to put someone else through their pain."

"Well this has got to be different though, right? I mean he is strangling these women and then having sex with their dead bodies."

"Yeah but it all stems from something, no matter how they are killing their victims."

"This is true Doctor,"I said with a slight smile.

He gave me a slight smile back, causing my stomach to start that now familiar feeling again. What was it about him?

After a while, Reid and I still had nothing. We narrowed it down to quiet, middle class neighborhoods in Las Vegas, but honestly that wasn't much help. Just then, Garcia called Reid.

"Hey Garcia, what do you got?" Reid answered the phone.

"Hello my boy genius. Not much, however I did find a connection between four of our victims. I can't believe the police didn't find this. It really amazes me sometimes-"

"Garcia what's the connection",  I injected with a laugh.

"Right, right sorry hot stuff", Reid and I laughed, "Our recent victim Audrey along with our first, second, and third victims, Samantha Thomas, Olivia Patterson, and Cait O'Neil, all went to the same church youth center in the middle of town. I went through their social media and it seems like they didn't talk much but there was a facebook group chat where they discussed upcoming meetings at the church along with charity fundraisers."

"Garcia, does it say who the leader of the youth group is?" Reid asked.

I heard garcia rapidly typing.

"Yes, her name is Juliet Violet."

"Pretty name", I said under my voice.

"Pretty name indeed", Reid said out loud, "that name actually sounds like one that would be in a Shakespearen play. I recently saw a Shakespearean play and it was quite-"

"Okay that's my que. Garcia out." Garcia hung up the phone.

"So what're you thinking", I turned to ask Reid, "You think Juliet could know something?"

"I mean in all honesty this is the most we've gotten today, I say we tell Hotch what we found and go from there."

"Good idea."

As we left the room we were in, we went to find hotch who was talking to the head of police. As we approached him he immediately went to face us and asked us what we found.

"Not a lot geographically but Garcia found out that our first, second, third, and sixth victim were all in the same church youth group and we found the leader, seventeen year old Juliet Violet." I stated

Hotch looked pleased.

"Okay, both of you go see if she knows anything. Good work you two, you make quite the team", he said with a slight smile.

"He smiles?" I said to Reid jokingly as we walked away.

"It's rare but Hotch is much softer than he lets on, he's just been through a lot."

"Ah, gotcha."

When we got to the house, what we found out was a huge step in the  investigation. Not only were these girls all involved in this church group, but so were the other two, just secretly. Apparently they didn't want their parents knowing because the pastor of the church itself was rumored to have had sex aligation against him and the parents didn't went their children near him. As soon as we got this information we thanked the very kind Juliet and dashed back to the police station.

As I got into the driver's seat, I said to Reid,

"Do you think the pastor is our guy?"

"I'm not sure but he is definitely going to have to be brought in for questioning."

"Definitely."

When we got back into the station we went directly to Hotch who was standing with the rest of the team, who seemed to be discussing what they saw at the crime scene.

"Anything?" Rossi asked.

"Oooh yeah," I said with a huge sigh.

As we told them what Juliet told us, Hotch made some calls and brought the specific church pastor, Alexander Wells in for questioning. When he came into the station Reid looked immediately uncomfortable and left to go get some coffee.

Noticing his odd actions, I walked over to him as Emily and Rossi went in to go talk to the pastor.

"You okay?" I asked cautiously.

"Yeah I uh, didn't mention this but that is the pastor I used to have at the church me and mom went to growing up."

"You're kidding."

"Nope, you know it's odd I always knew there was something creepy about him but sexual assault allegations? I mean I went to him for years. Whenever I come back here I go to that church, HIS church, to pray for my mom."

"Oh Spence, I'm sorry I had no clue."

"It's okay, let's just hope we find this guy soon, I hate having cases here."

"Understood Doctor", I said jokingly to hopefully cheer him up.