Chapter 10

After an hour of deciding which of Emily's dresses I should wear, I chose a tight red dress that went right above my knees. It was simple, hut hugged my body super nicely, as Emily said.

When I got back home, I made myself a sandwich and showered. Once it was around five o'clock, I started to get ready. I blow dried my long blonde hair, adding some curls to the end making it super voluminous. I put on a little more makeup than usual, some concealer, mascara, red lipstick, blush, and glittery eyeshadow. I debated whether or not I should add some eyeliner but I then realized I had no clue how to use it. So, I finished my face and hair and slipped on the small red dress and some black pumps. By the time I was done getting ready, it was almost seven, so I texted Reid that I was on my way and got a quick response, as if he was waiting for my text.

"On my way! :)"

"Okay!!! :)"

When I got to Reid's apartment he was waiting outside the building. He was wearing his usual khakis with a newer looking sweater vest that seemed underused. He looked great, as usual.

"Hey," he said awkwardly, slipping into the passenger seat.

"Hey yourself. I like the vest," I said with a smile.

"It's my party vest!" he said excitedly.

I laughed, he was too cute.

"So you can imagine how much use this sweater goes to," he said, laughing sarcastically.

I laughed. As Reid directed me to the bar we were going to, I told him about what had happened earlier with Noah, he had a right to know.

As we pulled into the parking lot of the bar, he looked suddenly upset.

"I'm really sorry Jo, you don't deserve that," he said, puppy dog eyes and all.

"Dont worry about it, I ended all contact with him officially. He's gone from my life forever, there is no reason to dwell on the past," I said to him, staring directly into his eyes with a smile.

There was silence for just a few moments.

"Can I kiss you?" Reid asked politely, moving his hand towards my face.

I rubbed my face against his large hand.

Before I could say yes, he kissed me passionately. It felt so right. This time this kiss was much deeper and longer, verging on making out for a good two minutes.

"We should go inside, they're probably waiting for us," I said sweetly, playing with his hair, our foreheads still touching.

"Yeah probably," he said, not breaking eye contact.

We kissed again, shorter this time and then made our way inside.

As we entered the building, some people were dancing, some were talking at the bar, and others were standing, socializing with drinks in their hand. Before we made our way to the group who was on the other side of the bar socializing, Reid pulled my arm and said,

"You look beautiful by the way."

We smiled at each other.

"You're not too bad yourself Doctor," I said, nudging him.

"By the way," he started, "are we telling people about us?" he asked.

I haven't really thought about it, but I kind of wanted to keep it between us for now. Well, us and Emily.

"I think we should keep it to ourselves for now. Emily knows because I came to her in my hour of need," I laughed, "but we should wait a while so we can have more privacy."