Chapter 24

I walked over to Reid who was sitting in the conference room, waiting for me. He looked nervous, as if I was going to break up with him or something.

"Hi." I stood in the doorway smiling at him.

"Hi." he responded softly.

I stood there for a few moments not sure what to say or what to tell him.

"Jo if you're breaking up with me, please I urge you to think about us. I don't want to lose you, not after everything we've been through. I can't lose you, please," Reid said sounding as if he was going to cry.

I rushed over to him and sat in the chair next to him, turning to face him.

I grabbed his hands.

"Spence," I said, feeling myself start to cry, "I am NOT breaking up with you. Ever. Okay? God Spence, you're the love of my life. I'm just truly and deeply sorry about the way I've been acting. You don't deserve any of that."

He took a sigh of relief.

"But why?" he asked me. "Is there something I don't know about?"

I wanted to tell him, I truly did. But I didn't want to end up disappointing him.

"It's the whole Noah thing. I guess it hit a nerve and I totally flipped out on you for no reason." my voice began to trail off, "And you're right. I think I do need to speak to someone about what happened, like a therapist"

He smiled.

"It'll help Jo, I promise."

"I know. And I know you are just trying to look out for me. I'm so sorry Spence"

He cupped his hand onto the side of my face.

"It's okay, I understand. I love you Jo."

I giggled, a single tear streaming down my face.

"I love you more Spence."

"Impossible."

As we were about to kiss, I pulled away, realizing where we were.

"Okay, let's not kiss at work, Strauss will kill us."

He laughed.

"That she will."

A little later, the team arrived back at the station with the four missing girls. Thankfully, they were physically okay, although mentally I'm sure it would be a while until they were going to be okay again.

We stayed at the station for a few more hours, contacting the girl's families and wrapping everything up at the local PD. At around 9PM, Hotch said,

"Alright, good work today. Get some well-deserved rest and meet at the jet at 8am tomorrow. See you all then."

With that, the case was finally over. A case that was only two days, that felt as if it went on forever. There was so much going on in my head, I wasn't sure what to do with myself. I felt guilty for not telling Reid about the possibility that he might become a father, but I also knew that I had to wait. Telling Emily before telling Reid felt weird but at the same time, felt kind of okay. She was someone I trusted immensely, I knew that telling her my secret was going to be okay.

When I got to my room, I collapsed onto my bed. What a long day. I was ready to go to sleep.

Just then, I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door and was greeted by Reid. He walked straight in and towards the bed.

"Come in," I said, laughing.

"Can I sleep here?" he asked, already getting into bed.

I ran over to him, jumping on top of him.