Chapter 23

Reid and I barely spoke for the rest of the day. The only time we would say anything to each other was when it was work related. To be honest, I wasn't sure why the thought of therapy got me so triggered. I mean, maybe a different perspective would be good. Truthfully, I was being a little unfair to Reid, but the way he said I wasn't opening up to him about my struggles made me upset. I try my best to not shut him down but sometimes he can just be way  too much. I've always been someone who guards their feelings and it was clearly showing now.

Maybe he was right though. Maybe I was being unfair. I don't know. I just needed to focus on finding the four missing girls.

"This guy is not cracking," Morgan said as he left the room where we were keeping Greg. "He won't even speak to me. He says we won't talk unless the pretty agent with long blonde hair came in."

JJ and I looked at each other.

"I think he means you, Jo," JJ said, looking at me, "He made that remark at you when we were in his basement, he probably sees you as weak."

"Weak?" I blurted out angrily.

"No, not that you actually are, I just meant that he probably,-"

"Yeah, I get it." I said harshly.

JJ glanced at Morgan who then glanced at me.

"What's going on with you?" Morgan asked me, "This whole case you've been acting so strange."

"Nothing. Now should I go in there or not?"

Morgan looked at me confused but decided to ignore it.

"Yeah. My suggestion for you is to go in there and try to assert power over him. He's extremely cocky so if you can do that we can probably crack him. Try to bring up his past as well. I did that a few times and he flinched a bit, but I think he'll actually slip up and say something to you."

I nodded at Morgan's suggestions and began to head into the holding room.

As I was about to open the door, Reid grabbed my arm from behind me.

"What Reid? I have to go in there."

He looked at me with sadness in his eyes.

"Reid?" His voice trembled.

"Yeah. That's your name isn't it?"

"I mean yes but you never call me that." He looked down at his hands as he fidgeted with them.

"I'm sorry Spence, can we just talk after? I really want to nail this guy."

"Okay," he said softly, "Jo?"

I turned around.

"I love you." he said quietly.

"Love you too, Spence," I said, mustering out a small smile.

As Reid walked towards Morgan and JJ, I took a deep breath and entered the holding room.

"Finally! Some respectable FBI agents in here. I didn't think they'd listen to my requests."

I rolled my eyes and leaned over the table, looking straight into his eyes. Staring at him felt like I was staring at Noah and it gave me chills. The eyes, the hair, the smirk on his face, I felt nervous, but knew I needed to show no fear.

"Greg, you're a smart man," I said in a rather low tone, "tell me where the girls are and this can all be over."

Greg laughed.

"C'mon blondie, it's not that simple."

I sat down, my eyes still on his.

"Then explain it to me."