Books and Pastries

Summary: Pastry Time
----------------------------------------------------------------

Simon

I'm surprising Baz at the library today. He doesn't know I'm coming so he is surprised when I stand right next to him while he's shelving books.

"Hi," I say, already grinning.

"Hello, Snow," he smirks and pushes a cart down the aisle a bit. I follow. "Have you come just to see me?" He's teasing me and it's so cute.

I twist my fingers through my hair. "Actually, not really. I came to get more books. And to return these ones," I look down at the books in my hand.

"Ah, right," he turns.

I catch his wrist when he pulls the books from my hand and tug him forward a bit. His breath catches and I smirk. I tilt my chin forward the slightest and he meets me in the middle, our mouths connecting. He melts into my lips, making me smile.

Abruptly, Baz pulls away and glares at me. "Not here." I giggle, which turns into a really loud laugh and I end up leaning against the stacks of books. Baz rolls his eyes and pulls my wrist, dragging me behind him, guiding me to an isolated corner. Turn after turn after turn. He stops when he's sure no one is with us then pushes me up against a wall, trapping me in his arms. I smile. "Don't ever do that again," he says in between kisses. He kisses the corner of my mouth, my cheeks, my chin, along my jaw.

"You started it," I say, objecting. He pulls away and stares at me.

"I beg pardon?"

I grin. "You. Started. It."

"How did I start it? You were the one who kissed me first!" I laugh and lean forward to kiss his mouth. He's cute when he's trying to win an argument. He gives in and kisses me back.

The kisses turn tender and slow, like we're trying to absorb each other with each pull of our lips. I tilt my jaw for better angles, I hold the back of his neck and his jaw so he won't pull away. He holds my waist and plays with my hair. When I smile onto his lips, he smiles back. I end up laughing, causing me to pull away so I bury my head into his neck. His long hair tickles my ears making me giggle. Since my face is close to his neck, I peper it with soft kisses, being sure not to leave any spots. That wouldn't be too professional. Speaking of, I pull away from him, but hold onto his neck with my hands.

"About those books?"

He gives me a look that says are you serious right now? then rolls his eyes. "You, Simon Snow, are a nightmare I may never escape from," I grin.

"Yeah. I know," I take a look around the small corner we're in. Something feels oddly familiar. "Was I here before? I feel like I was but I can't put my finger on it-"

"It's the place where we first met," he offers.

I nod. "That's why."

He leads me to the front of the library and he shuffles around the front desk until he finds what he's looking for. Books. He hands them to me. Saga. Hellboy. Nimona. X-Men. My eyes light up at X-Men. I've always wanted to read the comics but I never found myself doing so. Baz raises an eyebrow. "Those good? I can get different ones. Saga has other books in the series, but read this one first to see if you like it," he nods to the book in my hands. "Rated mature, for sure. I've never read it before, but it's popular," he leans on the desk with his arms folded. I look at him. He looks like he belongs here. He looks good. A stack of books to his right and a computer to his left. He looks like a proper librarian. His hair is no longer slicked back but hanging in his face. His nametag is perfectly straight and his polo hasn't much of a hair on it. He's well cleaned up. He looks fit. It gives me the urge to lean over the counter top and grab him by the color and kiss him senseless. Ruffle his hair. Wrinkle his shirt. But I don't. It probably would ruin his reputation around here. I get that. If he came into the cafe one day and kissed me over the counter while I was making up his drink, people would throw me nasty looks too. I don't want that for him.