Ch8

Published 7/29/2020

PLZ FOLLOW ME🙏 ILL UPDATE FASTER

I had learned that the two young girl's names we're Tilda and Sigrid. They were the daughters of the man with dark hair who's name was Bard. They also had a brother named Bain.

I was helping the girls pack up whatever supplies we could find that might be useful. They were so kind to me and we're very curious about my people.

When I saw no harm in telling them that I was a Mer I almost laughed at the looks in they're eyes.

They went on to say that they thought my kind we're only legends and in children's stories.

Just as I was about to speak to them I stopped as they were no longer focusing on me but on someone behind me.

" Artemis" the voice that sent shivers down my spine whispered.

I stood up straight frozen in shock. When I had died I didn't think I'd ever get to see him again.

Taking in a deep breath I blinked away the tears that wanted to escape as I slowly turned and faced Legolas who stood 10 feet away from me.

I smiled at him as tears now freely fell down my cheeks. "Legolas" I breathed out.

He took quick strides towards me as I practically sprinted into his warm strong arms that warped around me tightly.

I threw my arms around his neck holding him to me tightly as I quietly sobbed tears of relief and happiness into his neck.

One of his arms was wrapped around my waist while the other was holding the back of my head buried in my long hair.

"Your alive" he whispered his voice sounding strained.

I let out a chuckle and pulled away from his slightly my hands moving to cup his cheeks in my hands. My thumb gently rubbing his cheek.

"I'm alive" I whispered back starring into his beautiful eyes that I have loved for so many years.

He moved one of his hands and cupped the side of my face causing me to lean into it feeling the familiar sparks where he touched.

As we gazed at each other I felt myself pulled forward. I gasped in shock as my lips made contact with his. My eyes were wide in shock starring at his closed ones.

I snapped out of it and quickly closed them and began to kiss him back. This kiss wasn't rough or to fast. It was perfect.

My hands made there way back into his pale blonde hair.

"Ew"

"Awe"

Came two girl's voices from behind us causing us to quickly pull apart just realizing that we were still surrounded by people.

I turned around my face covered in a bright blush as my eyes locked with Tilda and Sigrid.

They both had smirks on their faces as they looked between Legolas and I.

"Ah-um Legolas this is Tilda and Sigrid, Bards daughters. They along with Tauriel found me" I introduced them nervously as Legolas kept a hand on my lower back.

"I thank you for taking care of and watching her for me" Legolas nodded his head in thanks before grabbing my hand and started to drag me away from them.

I glanced back at the girls and saw them giving me thumbs up with smirks on their young faces. I glared at them as I felt my cheeks heat up.

He dragged me into the nearby trees and after a few moments, we came to a stop. He slowly let go of my hand and stared at me seriously.

I knew he had many questions.

"Explain" he crossed his arms over his chest as he stared me down.

I gulped and glanced down at my hands as they played with my dress.

"Explain what" I questioned.

"Everything. Why did you take my memories?! Why did you disappear?! How are you alive?!" He went on his voice desperate yet stern.

I glanced up at him before looking away.

Taking in a deep breath I started to speak. "I couldn't watch you love someone"

Legolas was confused "what do you mean?"

I bit my lip and clenched my eyes shut as I wrapped my arms around myself.

"I couldn't watch you fall in love with 
Tauriel....." I finally admitted.

"I loved you Legolas and it was killing me to hear you talk about how you fancied her so much." I felt my throat tighten as my eyes grew wet.

"I know it was selfish! But what else could I do?! I can only fall in love once, if you truly fell in love with Tauriel and became mates I would die" I could hear Legolas inhale deeply as I went on.

"I didn't want to hold you back from loving someone that wasn't me. So.... so I thought it would be best if you forgot me. So you and Tauriel could be together and you wouldn't feel guilty about me." My tears fell from my eyes landing on the ground to form the small pure white pearls.

"You can't decide what's best for me Artemis!" Legolas's stern voice roared through the air.

"I know! I know I shouldn't have done it but I didn't know what else to do! I was young and afraid. I wanted you but I knew you didn't want me" my arms tightened around me.

It was silent between us for a few moments. The sound of leaves crunching told me he was coming closer.

"Your wrong" Legolas was now in front of me his hands holding onto my shoulders making me look at him.

"I have always wanted you, when we were young I loved you." He starred into my eyes intensely making sure I was feeling what he felt.

"I thought what I felt for you was friendship but I was wrong. I loved you and I still love you. What I feel for you and Tauriel are two completely different things. She is my friend and I admire her. But you" his face softened and one of his hands cupped my face wiping away my tears.

"I love you" he whispered and our lips met once more.