Chapter 20

Monday morning came with a start to Izuku. Unlike Sunday, he was awoken around dawn by the commotion caused by class 3-A as they prepared for another day of school and hero training.

Him and Shota had previously discussed their plans on Izukus return to the hero course at U.A. He wouldn't start out immediately, beginning with the imperative work he had missed and gradually moving forward until he is deemed suitable to rejoin his comrades.

Izuku had agreed to meet with Shota this afternoon to receive his first load of work. Although he still had time until then, Izuku decided it would be best to start his day bright and early.

The chilly floor under his feet definitely helped erase to sleepy feeling that had crept its way back into him as the morning slowly progressed. Last evening, he had made a point to pick up some pieces of clothing from his mothers house so that he wouldn't be stuck wearing somebody else's outfits. Even though he has grown in his time away, Izuku still finds that his old clothes fit him quite nicely.

With fresh clothes on, and hair only slightly mussed, Izuku exits his room and carefully makes his way down to the common room and hopefully into the kitchen without causing any more of a kerfuffle than the rest of the students.

The halls themselves were relatively quiet, Izuku only then realizing that the cacophony of noise was resinating from his destination.

A chuckle rose up from his chest as he thought, 'They haven't changed much, have they.'

The lower the elevator took him, the louder the sounds grew. Until finally, the doors opened and Izuku was hit with the early morning hustle and bustle that the busy students brought into their living space.

Because of such commotion, only those close to the elevator, or those being on the quieter side, were the ones who took notice to Izukus presence. Those were the ones that quickly became much quieter than before.

A couple of people walking past him spared a smile and a quaint, "Good morning," before continuing on their way. Others, who may be slightly farther away, yet still quite perceptive, manage eye contact and either a slight nod or smile of acknowledgement.

He kept his footsteps light and silent as he made his way over to the kitchen area; also keeping his body close to the wall, Izuku had no reason to make himself known and bare the risk of interrupting everyone's morning routines.

He passed by several other former classmates, all dressed in uniform and all ready for their new week to begin.

Finally, after many smiles, nods, and a few 'good morning's' later, Izuku found himself entering the kitchen. At this point, everyone else was either finishing up a quick breakfast, or packing away some final things into their school bags. Therefor, it made sense for there to be one other person in the kitchen area with him.

The yellow head of Kaminari Denki stuck out from in front of the greenette. He stood over the sink, seemingly scrubbing away at something with an extreme amount of force.

As steps were taken to shorten the distance between the two, Izuku could hear the slight sound of sniffles over the sound of running water. This made his brows furrow and quickened his steps to find out what had happened to his old friend.

As Izuku approached, the sounds of sniffles and choked breathes made themselves even more apparent as they cam from the other boy.

Finally, as the distances closed, a tentative hand reached out and payed over Denki's shoulder. The boy in question jumped at the sudden contact and whirled around to meet a head of green hair and matching eyes.

The two boys stared at each other for a few moments before Izuku made his blatantly obvious statement of, "You're crying."

A watery laugh forced its way from inside Denki.