I'll Show Him

Summary: Simon is still ignoring Baz. Baz decides to seek for some help.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baz

Simon hasn't talked to me all week. He hasn't been in our room, and when I went to Ebb's yesterday afternoon, she said he didn't want to see me, not indicating that he was there. This morning, his toothbrush wasn't in our bathroom and his wardrobe was mostly empty. His bed hasn't been touched since last Thursday, which was when he kissed me and ran off.

What is wrong with us? It's obvious we both like each other. Why is it so hard for us to talk to each other? To tell eachother how we're feeling? I know now that the reason Simon was looking for me in the Wood was because he wanted to tell me he liked me. Penny told me that he may or may not like me two days ago. It was obvious she was lying and that he does like me.

His bags are gone. His clothes aren't on the floor. There is no trace of him, other than his messy, untouched bed and his desk chair, half pulled out. The window is no longer open in the morning, and I don't fall asleep to the sounds of his breathing. I don't fall asleep at all.

I try to talk to him during class, which earns me looks from students, but he ignores me. I grabbed his wrist in the hall once and he spun around with his wand pointed in my face. He was glaring the whole time, but I saw the hurt, I saw the pain. I saw me. I know what he feels like because I felt that everyday I knew him, since year 2. I couldn't have him then, and he thinks he can't have me now. He needs to know he's wrong, but he won't let me talk to him.

"Bunce!" I call. She's got books piled in her arms, her bag nearly overflowing.

"Basil," she greets.

"Where's Snow?"

She sighs. "Baz, look. I'm sorry, but he doesn't want to talk-"

"I know. But I need him to know. He doesn't have to talk, but I need to tell him how I feel."

"Baz, I- I don't know what to say. He thinks you hate him. He says he messed up. He told me what happened," she looks sympathetic.

"No. I messed up. I didn't kiss him back. He's taking it out on himself," my hands ball up into firsts at my sides. "What do I do?"

"I. Just, talk to him. I know you said you tried, but really, talk to him. Corner him, spell him, put him in a bag and lock him in a classroom. He just. He needs to know, and I'm not one to tell him for you," she gives me a sad smile. "If you can't talk to him, show him, Baz. He needs to see, so show him."

"But I am! He just doesn't want to talk to me!" I throw my hands up in the air.

"No," she says sternly. "Show him. You love him, yes? Don't tell him. Show him, Baz."

"How? How am I supposed to do that?"

"I can't tell you that. You're smart Baz, you can figure it out. Show him how you feel. Start there." I nod and she gives me one last smile before she turns and walks to her next class.

Show him, keeps running through my brain for the rest of the day. At dinner, Dev and Niall don't even try to strike up a conversation with me. Good men. Football practice is the same. It runs by quickly and as soon as it's over, I head to the hills to talk to Ebb again.

"Mr. Pitch!" She smiles when she sees me. "How are ya, love? Come in, come in," I follow her into a cozy sitting area, nothing like the manor at home. It's small and all the chairs look plush and comfy. There is a thin coffee table in the shape of a staff, made only to hold glasses and mugs. There are nice victorian rugs on the floor. Daphane would ask where Ebb got them, I for one, don't.