Chapter Eight - Fever

A new habit (Y/n) has been doing before she went to sleep is to write in her journal. This time, she wrote about the Scout Regiment arrival. She mentioned how some made it alive but more didn't. When she felt her eyelids getting heavier, she stopped writing and keep the journal safe in her small drawer. She was about to blow the candle off when she took notice of an envelope and 2 new books.

She opened the envelope and read that it was from Erwin. He wrote how he noticed (Y/n)'s current journal is almost full so he is giving her new ones. One for her daily use and one for her to record important events. (Y/n) felt grateful for this and planned to thank Erwin in person the next day. She really blew the candle after that and drifted into a deep slumber.

Around 2 am, Levi went to check on (Y/n). He opened (Y/n)'s room a bit and peeked through it. Once he saw (Y/n) is sleeping peacefully he closed the door again and headed towards Erwin's room.

"Too bad someone came before she could tell you something," Erwin responded once Levi finished telling him what had happened earlier. "Regardless, she will tell us again sooner or later, Levi."

"I know. But, she also said she didn't remember things."

"...That is to be expected."

[ The next day ]

Another day means another training session for (Y/n). But, today is special for her because Levi is finally going to teach her about the ODM gear again. She has made a tremendous improvement that even Levi was amazed (Though he didn't actually show it). Her ODM gear and belt have been modified by Hange to suit her small figure and it shows how it changes her performance to be better. She flies with her own style.

(Y/n) landed after she cut almost all the fake titans' neck. Unlike the first month, she made the cut deep this time.

"How's that?" (Y/n) smirked at Levi when she landed on the ground.

"Heh, not bad, brat." Levi patted the girl even though she's covered in dirt. To (Y/n) that means Levi is giving her genuine praise.

"One more time." Then Levi ordered her to do it again which she gladly accepted. She is in her good mood after all.

After her training with Levi ended, she went to clean herself because she was about to make her way to the commander's room. She wanted to thank him for the books. She was so impatient about thanking him, not noticing that her temperature has risen.

She was walking in the hallway when she had accidentally bumped into Miche's long legs. The man already looks like a titan to (Y/n).

"Oh, sorry." (Y/n) muttered as she held her nose which hits Miche's legs.

Miche shook his head then knelt down to check whether (Y/n) broke her nose or not, it may seem to overreact on his part. But, to Miche (Y/n) is so small that he's afraid a small bump like that could injure her.

"I'm fine, Miche!" (Y/n) assured the man. Miche gave her a smile at first until he felt (Y/n) burning.

"You have a fever." He calmly told the girl. Now that he takes a good look at (Y/n), her cheeks and nose are slightly red. Perhaps, she's exhausted from all the training.

"Huh?" (Y/n) tilted her head in confusion before she puts a hand on her forehead. "Oh, yeah."

Without thinking it through, Miche carried the girl on his shoulder as if he's carrying a sack of potato.

"Miche, I wanted to see Erwin!" (Y/n) yelled in protest.

"No," he simply replied.

Fortunately, Erwin happened to pass the hallway and was a little surprised to see how Miche is lifting (Y/n) up.

"She has a fever," Miche reported shortly.

"Is that true? Some classes need to be postponed for today and tomorrow then."

(Y/n)'s eyes widened at Erwin's remarks. She repeatedly shook her head and tried to convince both men that she'll be fine in no time. They knew better than to trust a brat who didn't even realize she has a fever though.

"You two are making this a great deal."

"Overtraining is not good. We need to take care of our health too." Miche reminded the little girl which Erwin agreed to.

"Miche is right. To us, it's important to stay fit at any given time. One way of keeping yourself healthy is knowing when to stop and take a break."

If only Erwin knew how his words are something so many soldiers wanted to shove it right onto his face too. The commander is just the workaholic type too, worse even.

"...." (Y/n) remained quiet and only sulked at their lectures.

Miche carried (Y/n) to her room, accompanied by Erwin. They truly are trying to make (Y/n) to get some rest.

"....I wanted to thank you for the books." (Y/n) muttered to Erwin under her blanket. She is covering her face out of embarrassment.

"I'm glad you like them." Erwin smiled.

Miche's nose picked up on a clean scent. He sniffed a fresh soap fragrance along with rose, lotus, iris, musk, and cedarwood. He knows it's none other than Levi's.

"Heard the brat is sick."

Levi didn't see how Miche was carrying (Y/n) but other soldiers did and Levi overheard them talking about it. They were speculating that (Y/n) is being punished, injured or she fell ill.

"Aniki, I'm not! Miche and Erwin are-" (Y/n) sneezed before she could finish her sentence. Levi looked absolutely disgusted by the sneeze.

"You are sick."

Knowing how Miche,  Erwin, and Levi are gathering in her room, (Y/n) had the feeling that Hange will come as well. She doesn't mind, but, her room is already cramped.

"(Y/N)!!!!! What did those guys do to you?!! Woah-" Hange stormed it, not anticipating the other men were in (Y/n)'s room as well.

"Shut up, shitty four eyes. The brat is sick."

"What? How come?! She was fine this morning!"

"Tch. She was."

The room became loud and slowly (Y/n) felt her body becoming weaker. She has started to feel the fever and it's making her sleepy. She decided to ignore them and fell asleep. She didn't know that the fever she thinks as a simple thing would be something far serious later on.

.
.
.

••••

(A/N): Hello! I'm going to make a slight modification here. I've been confused with how Miche's name is spelled and when I read the Wiki, it is spelled as Mike Zacharias so I'll be using that in the next chapters. Thank you for reading! 📖