Chapter Twenty - Ilse Lagnar

[ 849 ]

Finally, the long-awaited moment has arrived. This time (Y/n) and the other 104th trainees got 3 days off after they finished their rigorous winter training. Things happened there, such as some trainees missing. Fortunately, they reached back safely. It's been a while since (Y/n) last went back to the Survey Corps HQ. Maybe now is a good time for her to pay them another visit. She heard how they just went back from an expedition as well.

"I wish I could bring you there too, Eren. But, sorry." (Y/n) gave Eren an apologetic face as she climbed up her black horse.

"It's okay, I understand. Be safe, (Y/n)!" Eren replied with a grin.

"Thanks, well see you!" (Y/n) waved at the Shiganshina trio and started heading towards the Survey Corps HQ.

Time for fun facts about (Y/n)'s horse. The horse is a male, his name is (H/n) and he's very energetic. Sometimes to the point where it can be hard to control him, but, (Y/n) and (H/n) eventually created a strong bond and now they understand each other. She wished that even when she graduated from the Training Corps, she can still keep (H/n) with her.

After a few hours, (Y/n) finally reached the HQ.  She saw Petra and Oluo bickering like an old married couple at the front gate and laughed at them. She stopped her horse near them then jumped off.

"Petra!"

"Oh, (Y/n)! Oh my- you've grown! Welcome back!" Petra puts her hands on your cheeks then moved you around, examining your growth.

"Of course I have." (Y/n) puffed up her chest, showing how proud she is. "Ah, hold on, I should put him at the stable first. See you later!"

(Y/n) led (H/n) the way and kept him at the stable. There, she saw some cadets getting stable duties so she kinda asked them for help to make (H/n) comfortable here. Once she gave (H/n) his treat, (Y/n) rushed to Hange's lab.

"IS THIS REAL. (Y/N) MY FELLOW TITAN FANGIRL!" Hange ran to hug you tightly.

"Can't. Breathe. Hange!"

"Oops, sorry. You really should go meet shorty and Erwin first. They are probably at Erwin's office." Hange lets you go with sad eyes. "But don't forget to come back here, okay? Promise? I'll tell you something I found on the latest expedition!"

"Alright, alright. I will go back to you after I meet them." (Y/n) pats Hange's shoulder then she left the room to look for the two men.

(Y/n) stood in front of the commander's room. She felt nervous for no reason at all. Maybe it's because it's been a while but she swore she was fine just now. She braced herself and brought herself to a knock.

"Name and business?" She heard Erwin's voice. It's weird but she feels... Maybe she did kind of miss his voice.

"(Y/n) and I am here to let you know that I finally visited." She replied. She was about to open the door but someone beats her to it.

"Oi, brat."

It's Levi. Just as Hange mentioned, he is really at Erwin's office.

"Captain." She saluted. More in a teasing way. Levi wouldn't mind hearing (Y/n) calling her Captain. He even prefers it that way. But that is for when she will officially be a Survey Corps cadet. For now, he wants the aniki back.

"Tch. There are no other little brats here yet."

(Y/n) quick to catch what he meant so she grinned and fixed her mistake, "I'm back, aniki."  It's weird to call him aniki in front of her adoptive father. It's as if Levi is his son too but oh well. Old habits.