Chapter 25 - It's growing back

Days passed and (Y/n) had made quite the recovery. She hasn't fully recovered yet but she is strong enough to go to the trial and stood next to Armin and Mikasa. All they've been doing are just being afraid of Eren and calling him a monster. Military Police and others want him dead, Survey Corps want him to be alive and use his power. Even Levi was triggered and angered by the church people's remarks.

"Eren, I have a question for you. It seems like you wish to join the Survey Corps. But can you continue as a soldier and use this titan power for the benefit of the human race?" Commander in Chief, Darius Zackly, asked.

"Y-Yes, sir! I can!" Eren answered nervously.

"Is that so? This is from the report of the recovery mission. Right after becoming a Titan, you swung your fist three times into Mikasa Ackerman. One fist hits (Y/n) Smith... and injured her to the point of her being in a coma for three days and hospitalized."

"...!?" Eren seemed shocked to hear it.

As Armin expected, he didn't remember anything.

"Where is Mikasa Ackerman and (Y/n) Smith?"

"That's us, sir." Mikasa raised her hand. (Y/n) only glanced at the black-haired girl.

"Is it true that Eren attacked you?"

"...Yes. It's true." Mikasa gritted her teeth in frustration.

"And (Y/n)? We can see your injuries but even so, we want to hear it from you as well."

"....It is true, Sir. I was protecting Mikasa."

Chaos started to fill the courtroom. The church people's side was especially loud. Eren was staring at both Mikasa and (Y/n) not believing he had injured them.

"But... Two times before that, Eren saved my life twice in his titan form. The first time, a titan was about to eat me. He stood against it and protected me. The second time he shielded Armin and me from an explosive shell. I believe these facts should be reconsidered as well." Mikasa still tried her best to make Eren looks good.

"I remember Eren saved my life in his titan form too. Once when I missed killing a titan." (Y/n) added. Not giving them an opportunity to use 'Eren didn't save someone who's not his childhood friend.'

"I wonder. Everything you just said is in this report. But wishful thinking has severely clouded your views. Reducing their objective values in my judgment. Mikasa Ackerman, I know why you are taking his side. While investigating Eren's background, I came across a record of an incident from six years ago. Astonishingly, when these two were nine years old, they stabbed three robber adults into death." A soldier read the report making everyone gasped.

"....." (Y/n) glanced at both Eren and Mikasa who wear their stunned expression. They froze like statues.

"Their actions were self-defense. Yet it raises doubt to Eren's basic humanity. Should we entrust things to him?"

"But, for (Y/n)-!" Mikasa wanted to say that might be the case for her, but (Y/n) who has nothing to do with it?

"Interestingly, I found an old record of (Y/n) Smith. No, (Y/n) (Malus' last name)."

Upon hearing another elite soldier from Military Police's remarks, now is (Y/n)'s time to freeze. Levi and Erwin hardened their expression but they kept their mouth shut. Observing the situation. All of the eyes in the room are now fixed on you.

"She may be legally adopted by Erwin Smith now but it doesn't change the fact how she is an illegitimate daughter of the former nobleman Malus (Malus' last name) with a prostitute from the underground, (M/n). We have no further information on (M/n)'s background but it is recently found that she once sent a letter to Dr. Grisha Jaeger, Eren's father. We don't know what's the content of the letter. But we should be suspicious of her. Her parent's background was questionable. Her father, biological one, did several crimes too."