Chapter 29 - Hurts like hell

After she took a quick shower and washed all the Titan saliva off her, (Y/n) got dressed in another pair of her Survey Corps uniform and walked to where Hange is waiting for her. Unlike, Eren, the experiment done to her is in the basement. Not everyone is present there only Hange and Levi, mainly because the room in the basement is actually small.

"Oi, listen. Don't be stupid." Levi warned the cadet in a slightly pissed tone. Who the hell wants to see someone they cared about being tortured? (Y/n) is already like a family for him.

"I know, Aniki." (Y/n) sighed for the countless time.

"Alright, according to my hypothesis, (Y/n)'s accelerated healing might be different than Eren in a sense that, it may be limited to a certain part of the body, instead of the whole." Hange showed both Levi and (Y/n) a sketch of the female body.

"Let's say that only minor wounds such as cuts, bruises, and light burns heal faster than normal on her right hand but on the left one, lost limbs may be regenerated quickly or can be reattached." Hange circled the sketched hands.

"Besides this accelerated healing she got, I also think she has the ability to counter Eren's regeneration, maybe not completely stopping it but more like she can make the injury worse. I think she has the ability to even make Eren's regeneration even quicker as well. But, we don't know the trigger yet, how to activate her abilities." Hange ended her explanation and Levi questioned her.

"I remember she didn't have any of this when she was smaller. She broke her bones before and yes, it heals fast but some minor injuries didn't even heal in a week."

"...That's what I'm wondering about too, Levi. That's why we are doing this test." Hange answered. "Maybe it just awakened that day Eren hits her or... The day when... She lost herself for a moment."

"Anyway let's start. Which part first, (Y/n)?" Hange took out a small knife.

"Damn, now it does seem scary. Uh, my feet?" (Y/n) suggested and Hange nodded. Levi leaned on the wall as he watches.

"Okay... Minor cut."

(Y/n) is secretly anxious about everything. What if it didn't go as planned? What if it hurts more than she had expected? She hates pain and that's why she tried to get stronger, to avoid the pain. The knife felt cold against her skin.

Hange finally sliced the skin on (Y/n)'s left foot. She tried to be as soft as possible but it still hurts.

"Fuck." (Y/n) cursed as she bites into her own hand. She is now having an intense desire for the pain to go away.

"...It's healing-" Hange observed the cut. It's slowly closing themselves up and stopping the bleeding. Around 2 minutes later, it has been completely healed. Levi who also observed it only kept his mouth shut.

"Let's cut it deeper." Without warning (Y/n) beforehand, Hange started making a deeper cut.

"FUCK! Warn me first Hange! Fuck this time hurts so bad!" Water began to form in (Y/n)'s eyes and blood keeps coming from the cut area.

"Shitty four-eyes!" Levi clicked his tongue and then rushed to (Y/n)'s side. He is letting the girl squeeze his hands.

"S-sorry. I was too excited but look! It's also closing up." Hange pointed at the cut.

"Aniki!" (Y/n) cried out in pain. Levi is grossed out by the blood but he ignored it and pats (Y/n)'s head hoping it helps even a little. Around 12 minutes later, it finally healed.

"Shitty four-eyes. It's done for today. Next time, use a fucking anesthetic first!" Levi snapped out in anger. "Clean the blood yourself!" Levi said again before he took (Y/n) out of the room.

"Thank you, Aniki. Sorry for dirtying your-"

"Shut up. It's nothing." Levi replied, still pissed. "I'm reporting this to Erwin. Don't say okay if shitty four-eyes don't use the fucking anesthetic."

"I think she was trying to see if somehow I can be pain-proof or not. Obviously, I'm not. It hurts like hell." (Y/n) sighed.

"...Brat. Go make me tea later." Levi ordered the girl before he left somewhere else.

"Heh, he doesn't change."