Chapter 28 - Messy

(Y/n) has become Hange's test subject for a week now and when she woke up today, she had something in her mind. She looked at her reflection on the mirror and then unwrapped the bandage from her left arm.

"...It's completely healed?" (Y/n) tried to move it and it doesn't hurt her at all. But, should she show it to Hange and others or keep it to herself?

"....Fuck this." She threw the bandage away then stared at herself again. Her hair. It's stressing her out. Her hair had already reached her back. Before she usually would just put it into a messy ponytail or a bun but now it gets too much in her way and she has decided it's time to get rid of it for good.

(Note: You can choose one of the hairstyles! Ignore the color!)

"Better." (Y/n) added a little touch to her hair and done. She has a completely new look and she's liking it.

She didn't want to anger the short captain so after she made sure it looks okay for one last time, she immediately cleaned the mess she made then went to the dining room. No one was there yet. (Y/n) is always an early bird after all.

"G-Good morning." Eren who just arrived at the dining room greeted her then he noticed (Y/n)'s new haircut. "You look cute in it." He blushed.

"I-I mean it's efficient for battle!" He quickly added.

"Thank you, Eren. Who's in cooking duty today?"

"Actually... It's me. I was about to go peel some potatoes, do you want to help me- wait. Your arm-" Finally, Eren noticed something much more important. (Y/n)'s arm.

"Yeah, uh, it's supposed to heal in another 4 weeks but I don't know...It's not as fast as your regeneration but you get the point." (Y/n) shrugged. "And yeah, I'd like to help you. Let's go."

The two cadets started peeling the potatoes. It was too quiet between them so Eren started another conversation.

"It's kinda lonely without the other cadets, huh?"

"Yeah... I still remember how surprised you are when you found out Jean joining the Survey Corps." (Y/n)'s lips curved into a smile.

"W-Well! He was always bragging about Military Police and living in the interior!" Eren defends himself.

"True. It must be Marco's death that triggers the change in him." (Y/n) murmured, this time in a lower tone, and her eyes are showing a hint of sadness. "Even you and I, we both have our own changes too."

"(Y/n)...." Eren gently dropped his knife then he puts his hands on top of (Y/n)'s. "I think-"

"Oi, brats." Levi's voice interrupted the two. Eren quickly took his hand back and then stood and saluted at the captain.

"Sir!"

"Ani- Sir!" (Y/n) saluted too.

Levi was about to scold them for being lovey-dovey instead of working to get breakfast served but seeing how (Y/n)'s left arm has healed took his attention more.