Of Past, Of Future

December 23rd, 2020.

The clock is approaching 11 A.M. as Raven, Blair and Eve make their way into The Capitol Grille on 5th Avenue with a folder full of empty papers, post-it notes, and pens. They make their way to a table and sit down as a waitress approaches them.

"What would you ladies like to drink this morning?" She says.

"Sweet Tea." All three of them say together and begin laughing.

The waitress laughs along with them. "Did you all plan that?"

"No, we're just in-sync." Blair says.

"I'll be back with your drinks momentarily." The woman says as she lays three menus on the table and walks away.

Eve opens the folder and grabs a pen and begins writing across the top of a blank page. Layton-Rivera Wedding Plans.

The girls talk about the plans they are envisioning.

Place: Eli and Raven's House.

Date: December 31st, 2020-January 1st, 2021.

Kiss: Midnight.

Post-it notes are cut up with names on them, places around drawn out circles made to be tables, the names are where everyone would be sitting during the ceremony.

Eve drew out a alter, and drew two stick people under it, Raven and Eli. To the sides of each of them are the bridesmaids, maid of honor, best man and the groomsmen.

Maid of Honor: Eve.

Bridesmaids: Blair, Ocean, Christine.

Best man: Luke.

Groomsmen: Calum and Todd.

Flower girl: Penelope.

Ring bearer: Elijah.

Almost an hour passes and the girls are finishes with the plans, and their food and paid their bill.

"Are you guys ready for our doctor appointments? I'm so excited." Raven smiles at Eve. "Eli should be there already waiting for us."

"Yes! Let's go!" Eve squeals.

Blair throws a 20 down on the table for a tip and the girls head to the doctor where Eli is standing against his Lincoln waiting.

"How did the planning go?" He asks.

"It's going to be perfect." Eve smiles.

"Let's go see these babies!" Blair pushes through them.

Eve and Raven sign in for their appointments at the front desk and take a seat in the waiting room.

The clock seems to be moving in slow motion as everyone is growing impatient.

"Raven Rivera." A voice travels from the open door in the back of the lobby.

"This is it!" Eli jumps up and they both head to the back.

Meanwhile Eve and Blair are still sitting in the waiting room.

"I hope they have a girl." Eve says.

"No, that girl is definitely carrying a boy, have you seen that bump?" Blair laughs.

"Evelyn Layton." The voice comes from the back door again.

20 odd minutes pass and they all meet back at their vehicles.

"This is yours." Raven hands Eve her Envelop.

"And this is yours." Eve hands her one back in exchange.

"Me and Eli are going to Party City to get supplies. Don't be following us." Raven laughs.

"Well me and Blair are going to the Walmart Super-center then." Eve sticks her tongue out toward Raven childishly and laughs.

"Daddy's ready to spoil you rotten." Eli leans over and kisses Ravens round belly.

"You'll be the best dad." Raven smiles.

"And Uncle Eli can't wait to spoil that rug-rat either." He pats on Eve's belly.

"I'm so much bigger than you Rave, I'm jealous of how little you still are." Eve pouts.

"Everyone carries different, don't take it to heart. You're beautiful." Raven assures her.

They stand around catching Eli up on the wedding plans and comparing belly sizes before darting off to their shopping sprees.

The rest of the day consists of everyone buying party supplies for the gender reveal party for Eve and Raven, that is only two days away, on Christmas Day.

Once everyone gets back home, Elijah and Ocean run out of the house to help carry in all the supplies.

"Is anyone gonna'' spill the beans to me? I wanna know!" Ocean says with a giggle.

"Nope, all secrets are safe until the party. Sorry babe." Eve smacks Ocean on the butt as she walks by her.

'That's not fair." Ocean puffs.

Eli and Raven picks up some burgers on their way home, and everyone sits around on Eli's front porch eating and talking.

"Did anyone ever hear anything else about Todd?" Raven asks.

"I haven't, all I know is it took Eve and Aunt Chris almost an hour to find him. He was in the closet at Eve's next to the fireplace." Eli replies.

"Oh my gosh, yaw should have seen him outside. Guys a mess. He says he don't remember what happened. But if anyone remembers seeing him that night, you would know that he was not in this world mentally." Eve adds.

"I'm curious to know what happened, if yaw find out you better tell me. Someone got lucky that night." Blair laughs.

Elijah comes out of the house from watching his cartoons, "Momma, your phone is ringing."

Raven walks inside and her phone is lit up, Mamaw June.

"Well that's odd."

Raven hesitates but answers her phone, just as everyone comes piling into the house behind her.

Everyone sits around in the living room, and Eve goes to grab drinks for everyone.

"Oh wow, what happened?"

"Do they know who done it?"

"No, I'm fine, I'll let them know."

"Okay, I love you too."

Raven hangs up and her face is blank.

"They just found Leo dead at his house. They think Rory done it, but there isn't enough evidence, just a neighbor that seen them outside talking earlier."

"Oh my gosh, are you serious?" Eli jumps up.

"They said they have Rory down at the police station questioning him right now. Mamaw said she would call me back later if she hears anything else."

The night begins closing in as Eve and Blair head back over to the house, little Elijah is tucks away in his room asleep under his Power Ranger blanket and his Paw Patrol night light brightens up his room.

Before heading off to bed their selves, Eli and Raven sit around for an hour or so making an extra plan for the wedding that no-one will know about until it happens.