Food Fight

Later that night, Evelyn pulls out all the stops to have a family dinner, the first since Tracy departed. She makes a variety of delicious things such as homemade pizza, Caesar salad, garlic toast, four pieces of roasted chicken with a lot of spicy seasoning (Evelyn's favorite), an assortment of vegetables, such as diced cabbage, carrots, cauliflower and broccoli; All of which simmered in the pan for around 20 minutes. The kitchen is full of life for the first time in a while, which makes Evelyn appreciate the company even more.

"Guys, thank you so much for being here." Eve says while she slides the oven mitts off her hands. "I don't know what I would do without you all."

"Sweetie, we will always be here. We're the four amigos." Blair leans her head against the palm of her hand and examines the other end of the table. Raven unconsciously keeps glancing over at Eli next to her with her hair pulled back into a braid, which Eve had fixed for her earlier,. In the same manner, Eli keeps peering over his coffee mug each chance he gets to peek at Ms. Rivera.

"So, I take it you two had a good day then?" Blair giggles.

"Yeah!" Raven and Eli say simultaneously.

They look at each other awkwardly as they raise their forks to get another bite of food.

Blair stares at both of them with tiny eyes, comically, and says, "Okay now, you kids are up to something."

Raven speaks quickly, "You shit."

"What?"

"Nothing," Raven sips her water and looks away from Blair.

"I think the children have hit it off." Eve whispers jokingly.

"Excuse me, I'm older than you." Eli sticks his tongue out at Eve.

A roar of laughter ensues, resulting in probably the biggest mess this kitchen has ever seen in the 60 years that it has sat on this property.

It all starts with Eve who flings the pepperonis off her pizza at Eli. She misses and smacks Raven square on the forehead. Raven grabs her bowl of salad (with dressing), and dumps it on top of Blair's head. Blair shakes her head from side to side like a dog, flinging salad and dressing all over Eli. He decides to go to the sink to wash his hair, neck, and chest. However, that was one of his tricks. Instead he turns on the water spout, flips around with the hose attached to the sink. He sprays Blair's head clean off at point-blank, he proceeds to turn the hose on to Raven, he blast off her lips and what little make-up she has on. Raven shoots for the door to get out of Eli's line of fire, Blair wasn't as fast. Eli continues to blast the back of her head, at first, she screams, but now she just sits at the table, as the water cascades down her back. Her hair is drenched and frizzy.

In fact, the only one that hasn't been hit with food or water is the one that started this war in the first place - Evelyn. She just stands there with a puzzled look on her face, her mouth slightly open, eyes wide. She is blown away by the mess. She covers her mouth, and falls to the floor laughing harder than she had ever laughed before. She topples over like Sal Vulcano from Impractical Jokers. It isn't long before Eli joins her, he falls backwards into the sink, knees buckling as he feels pure joy. Blair continues to eat her piece of roasted spicy chicken like nothing ever happened. It's a good thing that she changed from her white tank top earlier in the day to a green shirt that Eve let her borrow or her breast definitely would be showing. Definitely not what Eli wants to see. Perhaps I should have blasted Raven more. He ponders. That would be a sight.

Raven comes back in as she smiles ear to ear, "I'm glad I'm not the maid." From the carnage of the kitchen, the group moves out into the living room.

Eve begins reminiscing within the square of legs, as everyone sits around the cold hearth in the living room, as it was too hot outside for a flame to be inside.