The First Step

Hey, guys.  Sorry it took so long for me to update.  I have somethings going on at home I will probably be done by next week.  So hopefully I will update more often, but for now here is the next chapter.

They go upstairs and after two hours they finally convince Kukki. They put her to sleep and go to their room.

Mr. Bajaj kal kya hoga?- Prerna asks him once they had settled on the bed.

Kal sabse pehle hum dono Basu Badi jayenge. Waha pe main aapko divorce ke papers dunga jo nakli hoge. Aap wahi pe rahiye aur main Kukki ko leke do dino ke liye New York chala jaunga. Do dino mein, main wapas aa jaunga phir hume bas Mr. Basu ka plan kya hai wo janna hai. Unke dinag main kya chal raha hai wo agar hume pata chal jaye to phir hume koi nahi rok sakta- Rishab says.

Ji- Prerna says and without thinking she moves forward and hugs him. She cuddles into him. This was the assurity she needed that even after everything that's going to happen tomorrow he is going to be with her. Assurity that she is not going to lose her family. She felt safe in his arms. She knew if Anurag could make an accident of himself happen just to separate Prerna and Rishab then he can do anything. And that scared her. She was scared of losing the family she found here. She was scared of losing the belonging she found in this house. She was scared of losing everything after finally finding a place where she belonged, where she actually felt like a part of the family. She loved her life before. But now she realized the family she used to love so much now doesn't even talk to her. They don't even care about her. She realized if they can not support her in her decisions then they never truly loved. Cause if you love someone no matter if they are wrong you never leave them alone. They will need you more when they realize they are wrong and if her family can't support her then they never really understood her.

Rishab on the other hand was happy that she actually trusts him. He was happy that she doesn't want to leave him or his family. He knew he had feelings for her since a long time, but he respected her and her decisions. He used to think that she is in this marriage only for Kukki, but since the past few days he knew that even if had a choice to leave with Kukki she wouldn't. He was glad about that. He just hoped that he can be true to his words and be worth of the trust she put in him.

They slept like that hugging each other.

Next Morning-

Prerna wakes up next morning to find herself cuddling with Rishab. Her head on his chest. His arms circled around her and hers on him. She found herself really comfortable in his hold. It felt like this was her calm. She felt safe there, but she knew she had to get up soon. Today was going to be a big day for all of them. She was nervous, but she had faith in Rishab. She knew that he will, no matter what happens, always be there for her, with her. She gets up and starts getting ready for the day. She was anxious and worried.

Kukki uth jao- She says as she tries to wake her up.

She knew Kukki was already awake. Just like her even Kukki was not excited for today. Even though she agreed last night Kukki didn't want to go anywhere without Prerna.

Kukki please uth jao. Please bacha- Prerna says. Rishab comes there to see Prerna trying to wake Kukki up.

Kya hua?- He asks her.

Ye uth hi nahi rahi hai- Prerna tells him.

Uski tabiyat to thik hai na? Usse uthane main itna time kabhi nahi laga hai- Rishab says.

Ji bilkul thik hai ye. Jagi hui hai lekin uth nahi rahi.- Prerna tells him, tiredly.

Aap jaiya, main Kukki ko utha ke le ata hoon niche.- Rishab tells her. She nods and leaves.

Kukki kya hua?- Rishab calmly asks her.

She slowly turns around and looks at him.

Mujhe Mumma ko yaha chad ke kahi nahi jana- Kukki signs to him.

Tum humesha ke liye thodi na ja rahi ho. Wo to bas maasi aur Tanvi bua ko aapki bohot yaad ati hai. Isliye unhone kaha hai ki tum akeli unke saath rahogi. Main bhi nahi reh sakta- He tells.

Lekin main aap dono ko bohot miss karungi- Kukki signs.

Aur hum dono bhi aapko bohot miss karenge. Lekin koi baat nahi hum roz phone pe baat karenge. Aur aapko lagega bhi nahi ki aap humare saath nahi ho- Rishab tells her.

Okay- Kukki signs and gets up, hugging him.

Rishab gets Kukki ready and brings her downstairs.

They have their breakfast and Kukki goes to her room with one of the staff members in the house to pack all the things she needs.

Mr. Bajaj humme abhi jane main waqt hai na?- Prerna asks, knowing fully that they don't have a lot of time left.

Prerna hume abhi kuch hi der main nikalna hoga- Rishab tells her. Prerna sighs and goes to Kukki's room to help her pack as Rishab goes to his study room to finish up somethings.

After Kukki was done packing up the three of them leave for Basu Badi.

Hum kaha ja rahe hai?- Kukki asks them.

Abhi hum aur aap bahar ja rahe hai na, to phir hum Mumma ko yaha chod ke jayenge- Rishab tells her. Two things in the ride didn't change, one was the silence in the car and second was the grip Prerna's hand had on Rishab's.

Kukki sambhal kar rehna. Bua ko jyada pareshan mat karna. Promise me ki tum bina nakhre kiye roz khana khaogi- Prerna was giving all the instructions to Kukki once they reached Basu Badi. Kukki just kept nodding her head to everything she was saying.

I'll miss you- Kukki signs to her once she was done.

I'll miss you too- Prerna says kissing Kukki on her forehead.

Kukki aap gadi main hi rehna, main abhi aata hoon- Rishab tells her and gets out of the car with Prerna.

Aapko pata hai na aage kya karna hai?- Rishab asks her. Prerna nods.

Meanwhile in Basu Badi-

Anurag had been sure that Prerna is going to come home soon, so he had told all the family members about it. Even tough Nivedita and Mohini weren't very keen on this, but for Anurag they were ready to let go of everything. So all of them were expecting Prerna to come home soon. They were just done with breakfast when Prerna came in with Bajaj.

Anurag...Anurag tum thik to ho?- Prerna asks, worriedly as soon as she comes in.

Ha main thik hoon- Anurag tells her. He thinks his plan is working, but is also feeling bad about what he is going to have to do next.

Tum yaha kya kar rahi ho?- Nivedita asks.

Ji wo unhe yahan main lekar aya hoon- Rishab says, making everyone look at him.

Hope you guys like it.  Please do vote and comment.  Tell me what you think be commenting, it encourages me to write.