ĐĘŠŤĮŃŸ XX

"EEEHHH?!" (Y/n) backed away from him and wrapped her hands around her chest as if to protect her body.

Neji realized what he said a moment later,ending up into a blushing mess.

"I-it's not what it sounds!" he reached out towards her only to withdraw and keep his hands to himslef,"Wh-what I want to say is take your clothes off to let it dry near the fire place."

"O-oh." (Y/n) finally put her hands down,"M-mh.."

"Here." Neji offered a blanket he got from one of the drawers inside the hut,"Use this for the mean time to cover your body." he turned his head away as to hide his embarrassment.

"T-thanks." she answered,"Uhm.."

"Oh sorry." Neji turned her back towards her as she strip off her clothes,leaving her inner garments on.

"Y-you should also dry your clothes." she looked at Neji after she hang her clothes near the fireplace.

Neji nodded and take off his topper, revealing his well toned muscles covered by bandages.

She glanced at the red spots on his damped bandages,h-his wounds.. she moved closer to him in attempt to change the bandages.

"N-neji?" she called out,"We should change your bandages." he added after gaining his attention.

She pulled some rolled new bandages and unwrapped his old ones from his chest.

She carefully bandaged Neji up after cleaning his wounds that reopened.While she's wrapping bandages on his body,Neji removed the ones on his forehead,unrwapping the covers to reveal the marks he used to despise.

He stared at the fire beside them,not noticing (Y/n) who was staring at his marks.

They're...beautiful. she was lost in thought and didn't realized what she was doing until it was too late to withdraw her hands from touching his forehead.

Neji slightly jumped because of the coldness that touched his forehead.He looked at (Y/n) who was tracing his marks.

He caught her hand on his."N-Neji.." (Y/n) looked around nervously,"I-..I'm sorry." she whispered.

Neji pulled her close,making her freeze for a moment,"I'm cold." he murmured tiredly.

"Neji.."  she looked at him with such kind eyes as he pulled her closer to him,she blushed with the thought of only a thin cloth prevent her chest from touching his.

In just a couple of seconds,Neji's arms on her loosen a bit and he started sweating.

"N-neji?!" She frantically stood up with the blanket wrapped around her body.Just as I thought! She cursed under her breath after she withdraw her hand from his forehead. He's running a fever!

He's not yet fully recovered but he get all wet because of me. She clenched her fist and cursed on her head.Damn!

She lay him down gently at the wooden flooring of the hut.Thankfully,there's a small bucket at the corner of the place.She stood up after securing the blanket around her and run outside and towards a nearby well they pass by a while ago.

After some time,Neji's temperature cooled down.(Y/n) exhaustedly sighed and wiped her sweat off her forehead.

She placed the back of her hand on top of his forehead and smiled to herself,At least it's going back to normal. she thought before placing his head on her lap.

She stared at his now peaceful sleeping face compared to his pained expression hours ago.

She traced her marks with her tumb,and trailing to his hair line,until she reached his hair.She felt a tug at her heart only by looking at him.

As if the tug woke her up from her peaceful thoughts,she raised her hand to her chest.She clenched the fabric ontop of her beating heart,Please..Don't.

She dropped her hands beside her and leaned on the wall before looking up at the ceiling of the hut.Moonlight illuminate the room through the small holes of the small,run down hut.

I'll be married soon,she thought bitterly,what's the point in falling for someone else.

She closed her eyes with a heavy sigh before slowly drifting to sleep.

•~

By the time the sun rise the next morning,she woke up from a ticklish feeling from the top of her nose.She gently opened her eyes only to be greeted by a pale-lavander one.

"Morning," Neji's face greeted her sight.It took a moment before she could realize what position they are in.

She was laying on the floor on her back,Neji was beside her on his side with his elbow supporting his head.

Her eyes widened when she remembered their situation.Unexpectedly making her forehead come in contact with his nose with a force enough to push him back.

"Hey!" Neji hold his nose and as he looked at her who scooted away from him,"What was that for?"

"S-sorry!" she turned her back towards him after apologizing.

"Uh." He laughed it off,"Let's change and get ready to meet the two." he stood up and collected his clothes by the fireplace.

"Right." she murmured before collecting her own clothes.

They change with their backs to each other before going out of the hut.

"(Y/n)." he called out before grabbing her wrist.

"Huh?" she looked behind her with curiosity,"What is it?" she asked.

Instead of answering her question,she pullled her towards him,putting his other free hand on the back of her neck.

Her forehead was placed on top of his,making her blush with a dark shade of red.

"Is it okay?" Neji whispered while looking at her eyes."Wh-what?" she stuttered.Her heart was thumping at her chest so much that it makes it hard for her to breath.Damnit she silently cursed.

Neji lowly laughed at her reaction,"My temperature." he cleared,silencing her and making a stop on her thoughts, "Did my fever cool down now?" he asked again before letting go of her completely,"I remembered running a fever yesterday." he continued.

(Y/n) stood still,having no words to even utter,her thoughts are running wild on what just happened,This damned bastard! she thought to herseld,followed by all the colorful words she learnt during the years of her existent.

She stomped her feet away from him as he laughed to himself,following after her.

He walked beside her and started tying bandages around his forehead to hide his mark.

Bastard! she cursed him on her head,shouldn't have give you medicine yesterday.

As she listened to his quite laughters behind her,she remembered what she did yesterday night.

She tried to feed him a pill but Neji was too week to even swallow it on his own.

Having no choice but to force it down his throat,she put the pill on her mouth and leaned down.

She blushed hard with the event last night replaying on her mind,it was when she fed him a medicine with her mouth.

Tsk. she pressed her palms on her face and silently cursed,hiding her face from his view as she thought,Never again!

Little did they knew...With just a small gesture and kindness they offer to each other, stir something inside of them.