[1] : fourth year

✧

dear piece of shit diary,

today is the day i go back to hogwarts for my fourth year.

i'll be happy to see neville again. he's kind of my only close friend at that school. luna and ginny too. what can i say? outcasts gravitate towards eachother.

harry, ron, and hermione will be a pleasure to see too, though i'm not as close with them, which is unfortunate considering i not only helped them break into the chamber of secrets in my second year, but have helped them in every situation since.

i think there's just too much of a stigma around me for people to want to get close to me honestly. i remember when i was first sorted into slytherin and they all cheered for me, thinking i'd be some hero to them.

over the years, they saw i'm no hero nor am i a role model. i'm nowhere near as cool as my parents, though i think i'm still kinda cool. other kids can't tell though. now malfoy and his goons look for excuses to mock me and laugh at me. it doesn't hurt my feelings. i've been bullied my whole life... those boys must really enjoy flattering themselves if they think they can get to me.

i will admit, i have gone cold being at hogwarts. i'm depressed all the time. partially due to being ostracized by my own house and partially just because i feel like i don't fit in. other kids roll out of bed excited to get to class when i barely have the motivation to get up. whatever.

in a strange way, i'm pumped to see draco again. bickering with him is a familiar hobby. to say i don't miss it sometimes is a lie. it's a great way to vent my anger, you know?

anyways, malinda and i will persevere through yet another miserable year. who knows what crazy shit this year has in store for me?

signed, your mom. <3

        hydra shook her pen, noticing the ink beginning to fade, before setting it to the side of her. malinda purred, curled up next to her. she smiled and pet her feline friend before getting up slowly.

        she made her way to the bathroom in an attempt to make herself look decent for her first day back. at just fourteen, she looked mature. more sad and tired, but mature. she wasn't the same girl who had stared at herself in this very mirror four years prior.

        behind bill's back, she had gotten a nose ring this summer, which he honestly thought was pretty cool. her features were still thin, and her deep red, straight hair had grown down past her chest.

        after brushing her teeth and hair, she put on mascara then smudged it slightly, liking the messy effect it left. her appearance to others didn't concern her too much really, but she wanted to feel sort of pretty for herself.