[11] : yule ball

✧

       "can class hurry up? i wanna start getting ready for the ball? why does the last class of the day take so looooong?" daphne whined, bouncing her leg up and down in the last class of the day, divination. professor trelawney was probably hydra's favorite teacher next to hagrid.

        "calm down, we have less than ten minutes left!" hydra whispered, smiling brightly at her excited friend. "dean's not going anywhere."

        daphne shot her a glare, shoving hydra almost completely out of her chair. the two girls almost burst into a fit of laughter, but covered it up with a cough and struggled not to pop a blood vessel from holding it in. draco smiled at her to himself from across the room, shaking his head as he looked down.

        finally, after what seemed like forever, the bell rung and daphne and hydra took off, hand in hand, blasting past draco. they ran way faster than hydra was comfortable with all the way up to their dorm. once there, hydra caught her breath and asked," why did we go so fast?"

        "do you really wanna be in here when pansy is getting ready? plus, i have to do your hair and makeup and then mine..." daphne said, scrummaging through her stuff to get out her makeup bag and hair stuff. hydra looked at her like she was crazy and said," i never asked you to do my makeup."

        daphne laughed," hydra, love, your idea of makeup is smudging your mascara. let me treat you for a night. i wanna make you look like some gothic princess to match your dress."

        hydra rolled her eyes, sitting on daphne's bed as malinda ran over and laid next to her, licking herself clean. immediately, daphne began to get to work on getting hydra ready.

        after what must've been an hour and a half of eyeshadow and flat irons later, daphne took a step back to admire her work, nodding approvingly. she reached over and grabbed a handheld mirror and handed it hydra, who was nervous to see the end result.

        she took a look in the mirror and was completely entranced by the girl staring back. the girl looking back had pin straight hair with two little strands braided perfectly in the front. she had beautiful black eyeshadow and shiny lip gloss. she was beautiful. it was something hydra rarely liked to admit, though her peers knew her as one of the prettiest girls there. this was important to her... her first dance and she felt beautiful. she wished her mom and dad could see her.

        daphne smiled, seeing the wholesome look on her friend's face, before saying," you're stunning. truly. but move, i gotta do my shit too."

        hydra laughed and flipped her off, going over to her own bed where her dress was laid out. she carefully took it out and slid into it, somehow managing to zip the back up herself. she turned around to face daphne, who stopped plucking her eyebrows for a second to admire the red-haired girl as she stood as a vision of beauty.