[13] : dylan

✧

       it had been two days since hydra had gone home for the break and she was really starting to miss the few people at hogwarts she called her friends. plus, she couldn't stop thinking about draco reading her letter. she was pretty sure he felt the same, but part of her kept telling herself that she'd return back to school and be tormented about it.

as she tried to push it to the back of her mind, she heard bill's voice shout," one of your friends is here, hydra!"

she sat straight up from laying in bed and looked around, confused, before shouting back," let them in! i'll be there in a minute." her hand flattened her hair down and adjusted her nose ring before she got up and threw on a baggy t-shirt and jeans. 'who was at the front door?' she pondered as malinda was just beginning to wake up, stretching.

hydra ran out of her room and into the living room where her only real muggle friend, dylan, was standing. a smile appeared on her face as she ran to him, engulfing him in a hug. he picked her up and spun her around, saying," hey, you."

he put her down and smiled, putting his hands on her shoulders. "jeez, boarding school made you age a couple years. you almost look like me now, you geezer." he laughed, touching a strand of her short hair.

she smacked his hand, laughing," oh, please. you're two years older than me."

dylan shrugged and chuckled before asking," wanna go on a walk? just you and i? no funny business and none of the others. i just wanna catch up with you."

"yeah... i'd like that a lot. let me go get my jacket." hydra responded, smiling at him. she ran into the other room and grabbed her cardigan before following him outside. there were no more romantic feelings towards him left in her, but she definitely did love him as a friend. he would always shut the other teens up if they made her uncomfortable and he didn't hesitate to beat any guy who looked at her funny up. she never asked for his help because, ask anyone, the other kids knew she had a temper. dylan liked putting people in their place though, especially for disrespecting girls.

they walked next to eachother, huddled close, in the cold air. he always found it funny how she managed to keep her body heat so high even in freezing weather. "so... how is it all going at your super secretive boarding school?" he asked, looking down at her. he was almost a whole foot taller than her.

"honestly, it's been a lot better. i made some more friends and that guy, draco, i told you used to fuck with me? we're really good now. i kinda like him actually." she said, rubbing her arm. he nudged her and asked," little hydra's got a crush, huh?"

her cheeks went red as she smiled up at him. "shut up, dylan. how is it going at your school?"

he sighed and thought for a moment before saying," well, let's see. i've been trying to steer clear of the others in our neighborhood at school because they're getting into some serious shit with the wrong people. and i've been casually seeing this girl named diana who i think you would probably love and uhm, i've still been smoking pot... so life is pretty much the same."