[15] : birthday girl

✧

hydra sat between neville and luna the next day in care of magical creatures as hagrid scribbled notes down on the chalkboard. her memory couldn't stop replaying her first kiss with draco over and over again, as he kept looking back at her occasionally during class. each time, she'd smile to herself and blush.

"you blush so much lately." luna said, stating the obvious. hydra bit her lip before looking between her two friends. "draco and i kissed last night." she whispered, her eyes squeezed shut, afraid of their reactions.

at the same time, luna released an "awe" while neville let out an "ew." hydra laughed, looking between the two. luna continued," i'm happy for you, birthday girl." a smile overtook her face as she looked to her friend, her heart full knowing she remembered her birthday. neville chimed in," me too, i just need that image out of my mind! but happy birthday, hydra." grinning wide, she hugged them both tightly.

it was almost enough to distract her from the fact that blaise had been missing from class.

suddenly, zabini burst through the doors, startling hagrid from his teaching. "and where have you been, mr. zabini?" hagrid asked, looking at him. draco and hydra both found themselves glaring coldly at him.

having him back was undoubtedly the worst thing to come out of this year. she felt helpless around him. no amount of toughness she put up as a front around him seemed to be enough. he enjoyed getting her angry because it gave him an excuse to be angry back. he was the one person that made her want to truly disappear.

"leaving ms. pendragon a birthday gift, of course." blaise answered, a sickly smile on his face. hydra's eyes began to burn as she kept thinking 'why me? why me?' he continued," i'll give you a hint, birthday girl: it involves that cat you love so much."

draco's heart stopped as he looked over to hydra, whose eyes were beginning to brim with tears. "what did you do?" she asked, her voice cracking. "what did you do?!"

she sprung out of her chair, tears spilling as she took one last look at blaise, who was smirking. her feet carried her straight out of class, ignoring the shouts of those behind her as she ran at full speed to the dorms. malinda was the only family she had besides bill. she couldn't lose her. she couldn't.

draco got up and shoved blaise. "did you not learn your lesson last time?" he snapped, anger rising up his throat like bile. blaise smile turned into grimace and draco held himself back from hitting him as he continued," if you so much as touched that cat, hydra will kill you, you know? but i don't need to tell you that."

draco pointed his finger angrily at blaise, signaling to him that something bad would be coming to him as he begun to chase off after hydra. "oh, god. not again." hagrid said, remembering the fight the two boys had had previously.